• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever seen this happen before?

Bolt was not fully set, but had gone far enough to be fully rotated and mostly set. After the light strike the bolt did pull back and eject the round as pictured.

Possibly over stated fully rotated, but was far enough forward to properly extract the round. Will have head space checked as well.

I've just diagnosed and corrected a couple of issues I was having with a SuperMatch. Ammunition that I've loaded and fired with great accuracy and functioning in a National Match failed to seat in the SuperMatch. I'll chalk it up to a "match chamber". The bolt would not go into battery half the time. A small base die solved that issue handily. A half a thousandth of an inch is a big deal in a rifle chamber.

Pardon me if this is already been stated, but with proper headspacing off the bolt, should that have gone into battery????

Good info about the ring giving a heads up btw...

Pardon me if this is already been stated, but with proper headspacing off the bolt, should that have gone into battery????

Good info about the ring giving a heads up btw...

I use a piece of cheap clothes hanger wire where I've bent a 90 degree turn at the tip and filed it to a point. I slip into a suspect case and "scratch" the inside wall. If it "hiccups" I toss the brass into the scrap bin.

Back
Top Bottom