• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hearing Protection Act passed out of committee

So, I'm curious, does anyone know what a suppressor manufacturer has to go through to make the ATF aware of their product and 'allow' us tax raped citizens to register and purchase these mufflers? I have a feeling if cans were ripped out of the NFA, they'd be a lot cheaper and more widely available simply because anyone could make them and affix them to the end of a barrel. It's ludicrous that we have a safety item that we have to register!!! The mind is boggled!

So, I'm curious, does anyone know what a suppressor manufacturer has to go through to make the ATF aware of their product and 'allow' us tax raped citizens to register and purchase these mufflers? I have a feeling if cans were ripped out of the NFA, they'd be a lot cheaper and more widely available simply because anyone could make them and affix them to the end of a barrel. It's ludicrous that we have a safety item that we have to register!!! The mind is boggled!
They are a class 3 manufacturer. while suppressors are simple they are not all the same and that Extra money is worth it . Also they would not be all that much cheaper as metal cost does play into this. Titanium and many other metals are expensive. I have several aluminum cans that work but I never use them as they can't take the abuse I put them through.

If HPA passed most of the current makers of silencers will be out of business within 2 years but others will take their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Id still pay for a quality product but at a slightly reduced price. Competition is good for the consumer. Saving $200 per can would make me more likely to buy 2-3 cans Heck maybe even 4. If the can prices drop a bit as well. A metal cylinder filled with washers cant be that expensive to manufacture reguardless of tolerances. The BOOM is sales quantity alone would be enough to keep established companies afloat for a good while.

They are a class 3 manufacturer. while suppressors are simple they are not all the same and that Extra money is worth it . Also they would not be all that much cheaper as metal cost does play into this. Titanium and many other metals are expensive. I have several aluminum cans that work but I never use them as they can't take the abuse I put them through.
Right now it makes sense to buy a suppressor made from the highest quality materials, but remove all the regulation and cheap alluminum suppressors will make the most sense.

Right now it makes sense to buy a suppressor made from the highest quality materials, but remove all the regulation and cheap alluminum suppressors will make the most sense.
Yes and no. I'd still never buy aluminum again. I tumble my baffles as clean up is easy. I run mainly full auto. Aluminum can't hold up to that and the baffle erosion on all my aluminum suppressors is crazy and yet my heat treated baffles still look new

If not regulated most suppressors will be disposable and sold in blister packs. There will still be some made of metal that you can xlean, but most will be plastic and polymer and when it's used up you will throw it in the trash and buy another one.

I would buy a 3D printer and be printing my own baffles for my current cans.

Yes and no. I'd still never buy aluminum again. I tumble my baffles as clean up is easy. I run mainly full auto. Aluminum can't hold up to that and the baffle erosion on all my aluminum suppressors is crazy and yet my heat treated baffles still look new
Ain't nobody gonna be cleaning baffles no more. We're gonna have throw away 3d printed cans. Just buy a new one every range trip.

Aluminum suppresses better than steel and I suspect polymer would suppress even better still. If cans were unregulated I would never clean a baffle stack again.

If not regulated most suppressors will be disposable and sold in blister packs. There will still be some made of metal that you can xlean, but most will be plastic and polymer and when it's used up you will throw it in the trash and buy another one.

I would buy a 3D printer and be printing my own baffles for my current cans.
Glock makes disposable suppressors . I have no interest in that . I'd rather have one made of quality materials that will last a while. I use the same 3 cups at home. I don't just waste material or time

Back
Top Bottom