• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch on the verge of going out of Business

probably they will not go bankrupt since the USMC is about to equip pretty much every infantry squad completely with M27s...

Those are already purchased and started shipping a couple months back from H&K. Likely already budgeted by H&K as well. Effectively this does impact their revenue but since they have already forecasted this revenue/profit and they are still saying they might have file bankruptcy.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hk has been on the verge of failure for 30 years. It’s their own fault. They could have sold a billion dollars worth of rifles and pistols based on the 91,93 and 94s in America but they did not do what was needed to sell them here. When the MPX came out, I called it the death of Hk. They make great stuff. Still like my USP. Just do not make good marketing decisions

Didn't they recently spend millions renovating their plant in Columbus, GA?

Also why don't they sell mp5's and g3, g36's to the public? Someone educate me I've always wondered that.

Yup, sorry... that was misworded. The various Gx guns were the different manufacturers in the trials. The G1 was the FN that was picked and then rejected because they wouldn't license production to Germany.
Germany purchased and used many thousands of the G1 rifles. I had three kits I just sold. Apex imported them sans barrels. The Turks got them from Germany. It was not rejected.

Germany purchased and used many thousands of the G1 rifles. I had three kits I just sold. Apex imported them sans barrels. The Turks got them from Germany. It was not rejected.

G1s served in Germany for a relatively short time in the late 1950s and early 1960s. They were replaced in 1959 by the Heckler & Koch G3, based on the Spanish CETME
Modelo 58, partly because the Belgians would not grant a license for production of the G1 in Germany. Many G1 FALs were passed on to Turkey after the weapon's withdrawal from German service.

Cetme L don’t get the credit it deserves . We recently got a postie . It’s a fantastic rifle . Marcolmar makes the best clone out there

F1554E0F-6E33-4AEE-ABAC-C10F43B3EF96.jpeg

Didn't they recently spend millions renovating their plant in Columbus, GA?

Also why don't they sell mp5's and g3, g36's to the public? Someone educate me I've always wondered that.
Because the German government won’t allow them to export them. Not without tons of modifications like that garbage mp5 clone they brought here recently

Back
Top Bottom