• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch vp9

I've heard the Dawson's are very nice; however I lean towards the night sights for SD use. Now if I get my 5 inch version for competition use a set of chargers would be just the ticket I think. I'm leaning towards the trijicon HD's at this point. This is the one thing the VP9 will have over the PPQ, and that is market support. On another note, I had a buddy tonight at the weekly IPSC match that found his G21 holster was a serviceable option as a holster for the VP9. I never would have guessed that.

I've heard the Dawson's are very nice; however I lean towards the night sights for SD use. Now if I get my 5 inch version for competition use a set of chargers would be just the ticket I think. I'm leaning towards the trijicon HD's at this point. This is the one thing the VP9 will have over the PPQ, and that is market support. On another note, I had a buddy tonight at the weekly IPSC match that found his G21 holster was a serviceable option as a holster for the VP9. I never would have guessed that.

I'm running a Dawson tritium front sight and black rear sight. It's a great sight picture, as my vision makes it very difficult for me to run 3-dot style sights. If you don't mind 3-dots, I believe that you can order them from DP. The Heinie straight eights are my favorite, but the Dawsons are really good on the PPQ.

I'm running a Dawson tritium front sight and black rear sight. It's a great sight picture, as my vision makes it very difficult for me to run 3-dot style sights. If you don't mind 3-dots, I believe that you can order them from DP. The Heinie straight eights are my favorite, but the Dawsons are really good on the PPQ.

You know I forgot they made the tritium. For some reason I was thinking they did FO. I will have to check those out again. I am ordering a set of straight eights for my sig and keep hoping they eventually produce a set for the PPQ.

OK fellas, just got back from the range with Ocean Glocker. First impression, it's a really nice pistol but I'm glad I decided to keep the PPQ. ;)

More info to come later...

OK fellas, just got back from the range with Ocean Glocker. First impression, it's a really nice pistol but I'm glad I decided to keep the PPQ. ;)

More info to come later...

That was my decision as well. The VP9 is really nice, but it just didn't win me over enough to say goodbye to the PPQ.

That was my decision as well. The VP9 is really nice, but it just didn't win me over enough to say goodbye to the PPQ.

I have to give credit where credit is due. You called it brother.

I don't want people to think that I dislike the VP9 or that it's not a good pistol. It certainly is. And for someone coming from an M&P, Glock, Springfield, etc, it's a serious leap forward. But the PPQ is also an excellent handgun. There are some pros and cons to each one and it will boil down to personal preference for most folks. When I get settled in at the house later tonight, I'll post my initial thoughts on the VP9 vs PPQ vs M&P9.

I was especially glad that OG still preferred his new PPQ, since I sorta helped convince him to get one! ;)

I have to say going into this from a former glock fanboy mindset both the PPQ AND VP9 are leaps and above. But coming from the PPQ to the VP9 there was not real appeal to get me away from the PPQ. What Sootch said about the trigger is true, the take up is smoother on the VP9 than the PPQ but the trigger break on the PPQ is better. I'm sure mtdawg will explain why that is. The reset is more positive and I feel a little more tactile on the PPQ. The one thing I did like much better on the vp9 was the mag release, I have a M1 PPQ and the vp9 release is nicer and easier to reach.

I think depending on what platform you are coming from will be a determining factor on which you like more. But I will say it's pretty bad ass that you can get an HK for Glock money.....

Interesting on the compare between the PPQ and VP9. I shot the PPQ a week ago thinking I was going to buy for for under $600, but I really didn't care for it at all. Surprising with all the good things I read about it. Yesterday I shot the VP9 (FYI, GA Firing Line has one for rental), and absolutely loved it. Immediately put myself on a waiting list. I guess everybody has different experiences.

Interesting on the compare between the PPQ and VP9. I shot the PPQ a week ago thinking I was going to buy for for under $600, but I really didn't care for it at all. Surprising with all the good things I read about it. Yesterday I shot the VP9 (FYI, GA Firing Line has one for rental), and absolutely loved it. Immediately put myself on a waiting list. I guess everybody has different experiences.

What did you dislike about the PPQ and like about the VP9?

Back
Top Bottom