• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help. Granddaughter insect bite. Need advice.

MY 2 y/o got a bit like that, looked like a spider bite. Took a good week for it to go away.

964770BC-25E6-422F-A851-213337577FE7.jpeg
7C85692D-2ACE-4E11-AB56-B0F077A28C2E.jpeg

Lylli update. She has been on antibiotics since ER visit Monday night.
My wife and I are out of town and her parents sent us the pictures above a couple of hours ago.
We told them to go straight to ER... again! This time they cut it open and drained it. Poor baby.:grey:
So y’all please keep little Lylli in your prayers. She is having a rough night and so is her Papa. Hate it we are not there but my youngest daughters wedding takes priority right now.
As far as we know now it is still diagnosed as cellulitis but it sure looks like staph to me.
My concern is that after 72 hours of antibiotics it is way worse, not better!

It looks like a bite to me. Brown recluse or southern devil. In my experience there will be more dead flesh to express out of the hole for about a week. Occasional hot compresses melt the dead flesh like butter and make the dead flesh easier to express out. Her arm will have a big divot for months but that will grow back in and I believe she’ll be fine. Isn’t the human body incredible. Prayers.

Oh that poor baby, that looks awful!
Whatever it was, it got her good.

I'd be giving it a good soak in Epsom salt.

I had some large boils from the chicken pox and it would draw it out.

View attachment 2194195 View attachment 2194196
Lylli update. She has been on antibiotics since ER visit Monday night.
My wife and I are out of town and her parents sent us the pictures above a couple of hours ago.
We told them to go straight to ER... again! This time they cut it open and drained it. Poor baby.:grey:
So y’all please keep little Lylli in your prayers. She is having a rough night and so is her Papa. Hate it we are not there but my youngest daughters wedding takes priority right now.
As far as we know now it is still diagnosed as cellulitis but it sure looks like staph to me.
My concern is that after 72 hours of antibiotics it is way worse, not better!

Please trust me about the Cellulitis! I called it the first post had made. It's nothing to play around with. Yes, if the wound channel that the doctor will most likely have to create an incision in will have to be packed and re-packed. It's painful and nothing that any child should have to go through. The first time I discovered such horribleness was when I was bit by a brown recluse on my right calf muscle. It started to look the the very first pictures you provided in this post. A large sore, very tender, extremely inflamed that then started to develop a pimple like whitehead that grows larger and larger over time if left untreated. Whatever you do... Please do not attempt to lance, puncture or pop the white puss module. If you need to discuss specifics of Cellulitis, please feel free to PM me anytime. I feel soooo sorry for this little girl. On a side note: I wouldn't be too overly concerned about Staph Infection this early on. If she's currently on Keflex or another antibiotic and the wound is being treated, I would just stay calm and frequently check to make sure the condition isn't worsening. When healing Cellulitis will often times look worse as it's getting better. I know... Crazy right!? That's apparently completely normal. Stay hydrated, medicated and out of the sun and heat. Limit physical activities. Praying for her and like I stated previously. Hit me up if you ever need to discuss specifics or should you have any concerns.

Back
Top Bottom