• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me understands trades on here.

Why does people not want to trade?

• The "Trade offer" was not high enough, after all this is a site like Ebay these days.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • They thought you meant a straight even trade, never mind the 800 dollar value difference.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • A no response is all the response you need.

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Block the person and move on :)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

coolformula

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Lets say you have Item A for 400 dollars. I see you are looking for XYZ as a possible trade option. I state I have XYZ with a break down of say 1300, Would you be interested. They say yes, but send pics (pretty standard, but ok dig around to find current pics) and "what are you thinkiing".

Well say your item is 400 mine is 1300 = 900, but how about 800 + trade.

Send it back to the person, you hear nothing you wait a day follow up and still here nothing.

I have had this happen multiple times, from members with lots of feedback. I always feel like its polite to respond to others offers/trades even low ones as a nice southern thing.

giphy.webp

Lets say you have Item A for 400 dollars. I see you are looking for XYZ as a possible trade option. I state I have XYZ with a break down of say 1300, Would you be interested. They say yes, but send pics (pretty standard, but ok dig around to find current pics) and "what are you thinkiing".

Well say your item is 400 mine is 1300 = 900, but how about 800 + trade.

Send it back to the person, you hear nothing you wait a day follow up and still here nothing.

I have had this happen multiple times, from members with lots of feedback. I always feel like its polite to respond to others offers/trades even low ones as a nice southern thing.
There's one guy on here, he thinks his **** is gold. Literally tried to do a trade with him one time for literally what he was asking for, it was a Glock for a Glock but he wanted cash and me drive to his front door

I guess the confusing part for me is when you done tell them your general asking price, Then they 100% always ask for pics and the trade deal. Seems kinda easy the difference between the two items.

Do people really come back lets do an even trade? I really don't see that happening much.

Back
Top Bottom