• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me understands trades on here.

Why does people not want to trade?

• The "Trade offer" was not high enough, after all this is a site like Ebay these days.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • They thought you meant a straight even trade, never mind the 800 dollar value difference.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • A no response is all the response you need.

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Block the person and move on :)

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Lets say you have Item A for 400 dollars. I see you are looking for XYZ as a possible trade option. I state I have XYZ with a break down of say 1300, Would you be interested. They say yes, but send pics (pretty standard, but ok dig around to find current pics) and "what are you thinkiing".

Well say your item is 400 mine is 1300 = 900, but how about 800 + trade.

Send it back to the person, you hear nothing you wait a day follow up and still here nothing.

I have had this happen multiple times, from members with lots of feedback. I always feel like its polite to respond to others offers/trades even low ones as a nice southern thing.
I just recently started to sell off stuff to downsize. I’ve received all sorts of offers, non-responses and people who think I’m desperate. I’m not in a rush and I don’t give much weight to any deal until it’s done. Relax and enjoy the entertainment, because life is to short to waste your time or brain power wondering why morons act like morons lol! I have also made several great transactions as well.

I say we come up with a points system. One flake, a strongly worded scathing from a mod. Two flakes, death by firing squad.

I say we go this route....

th.jpg

Back
Top Bottom