• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HELP PLEASE: Need advice on axles for Yamaha Big Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
First off just let me go ahead and be honest, beyond checking air pressure in tires, I have ABSOLUTELY no mechanical ability. But, I do have a buddy that is pretty mechanically inclined that will do the work for me once I figure out what I need.

I just traded into an '08 Yamaha Big Bear 400IRS that needs a new front right axle. The atv has a 2" lift and almost all of the axles that I see on EBAY specifically say, "not for use on lifted atvs". So, who makes one for lifted atv; besides Gorilla which are $400 per axle (ouch)? BTW: the axle has been removed so having it rebuilt isn't an option.

I am trying to get this thing up and running to go on a riding trip next month, so thanks in advance for any help. Also, please forgive any stupid questions that I may ask along the way. I really am not mechanically inclined at all!!

I think that "lifted only" is to cover there butt. I had an 03 big bear that was lifted. I just bought the ones from ebay and they worked fine.

I think that "lifted only" is to cover there butt. I had an 03 big bear that was lifted. I just bought the ones from ebay and they worked fine.

I actually emailed one of the sellers, and he as much said the same thing. But, he also "recommended" another set that is $120 more expensive... Can you remember which ones or from whom you bought them? Thanks.

I bought the heavy duty ones from seller thecvman but i think they all say heavy duty. I also used him for an arctic cat 500 and have had no issues.

I bought the heavy duty ones from seller thecvman but i think they all say heavy duty. I also used him for an arctic cat 500 and have had no issues.

Thanks, those are the exact ones that I am looking at getting. I will probably wait and see what others have to recommend and order them in the morning.

I've narrowed it down to one of these, both include full axles to replace both on front. Which would you guys choose:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30070449153...=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr#ht_4199wt_963

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-08-YAM...es&hash=item1c26ed8d66&vxp=mtr#ht_2892wt_1002

The seller claims that the Master Motor (second link) is stronger/heavier built. But, it is also $100 more expensive, so of course he'd rather sell it.

Or I could go w/ this one as recommended above, but it'll be another $40 more expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-Yamah...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e60c7df73#ht_4555wt_1187

i got a 400 big bear just buy a used axle for $100 bucks on ebay , i rebuilt mine a little cheaper and it has been fine and i have a 2'' lift with 27''super swamp vampires just drop the a frame jerk out the axle and push the new one back in , it took me 2 hours to do every thing

Got both front complete axles and all four boots for the rear end ordered. $410.70 later, I have got to sell my soul to be able to eat until next payday. :) Thanks for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom