• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Henry County Home Invasions

acmech

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
0   0
Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/woman-fatally-shot-husband-hurt-in-henry-home-inva/nTQpZ/

Some people in my Sunday school class know the victims here and thats how I heard about this. I used to think home invasions only happened to people who used or sold drugs, but that just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'm one of those irresponsible people who is never far from a loaded gun while at home, if I'm not actually carrying one. When the kids were wee little, I took them to the range, showed them guns were loud, fire came out of them, and explained that if played with, they will kill. I've never worried about keeping a loaded gun around as they always knew it was loaded also. Recently I took everyone to the range and ran them thru the usage of each of our home defense weapons (my youngest is 12). The wife thought I was being too paranoid. She doesn't think so anymore. Just be careful.

I hadn't heard about this incident yet, that's a damn shame. There was a man shot a couple of months ago not far from where I live here in McDonough and I make sure to keep a loaded gun right beside my bed every night and I made sure my wife knew how to operate it. It's a shame the way this county is headed.

i saw this...99% of the time there is something particular they are there for in an armed invasion versus a break in...there will likely be more to this story.

wish these folks could have survived this horrific attack.

Darren,

That is terrible news and prayers go out to the remaining family. No one expects to lose their wife/mother at 42. A home invasion is the worst type of crime as hits the family.

If you are lucky they will knock and then try to overpower you, if not shock and awe is very effective. I can kick my door in and be in the living room in less than 2-3 seconds. I figure worse case scenario that's my reaction time. At the very least I have a .380 ACP within that time limit and other options as time and distance allow.

At 2:30 am I'm in bed and that is the absolute worse area a home invader wants to find me alert. I have a couple of systems to insure I am aware of an intrusion. I also have a plan of action to secure the areas of most concern in my home such as the children's bedrooms.

Darren,

That is terrible news and prayers go out to the remaining family. No one expects to lose their wife/mother at 42. A home invasion is the worst type of crime as hits the family.

If you are lucky they will knock and then try to overpower you, if not shock and awe is very effective. I can kick my door in and be in the living room in less than 2-3 seconds. I figure worse case scenario that's my reaction time. At the very least I have a .380 ACP within that time limit and other options as time and distance allow.

At 2:30 am I'm in bed and that is the absolute worse area a home invader wants to find me alert. I have a couple of systems to insure I am aware of an intrusion. I also have a plan of action to secure the areas of most concern in my home such as the children's bedrooms.

this event inspired a pretty good review of "what to do's" at my house today with everyone present...close to home so good opportunity to have their full attention.

There was also a woman found dead in her car at wal mart in mcdonough also she shot herself 2 times....she was in parking lot for 12 weeks before someone found her...

I grew up in a house where there was a loaded gun in every room of the house (Excluding mine unless a BB gun counts) and never had a single issue. I know follow the same princible of keeping a loaded gun within each room of my home. My GF couldn't understand my rationale but the truth of the matter is if someone breaks in I dont want to have to run away from the threat to then deal with the threat. I believe that kids educated are less likely to hurt themselves or others. Irresponsible parents raise irresponsible youth.

Back
Top Bottom