• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

McMillan CS5 / Q Mini Fix at home (but better)

RR Hunter

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
I'm a machinist and general dumb idea enjoyer.

Here's my proof of concept for a pretty unique AR-15 upper receiver group. Something that would be in Golden Eye or Perfect Dark.

I wanted Q mini fix/McMillan CS5, Vanquish at home, but way more fun.

- Straight pull, toggle lock bolt action
- Roller bearing bolt guides
- Quick Takedown integrated barrel nut handguard
- 4.5lbs total weight without optic
- Fits inside of a 10" x 10" bag including optic
- Caliber changes in less than 1 minute
- Sub 1.5 MOA accuracy

Blend of Clinton family hitman and backpacker hiking tool.

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpeg
    IMG_8547.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8542.jpeg
    IMG_8542.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8528.jpeg
    IMG_8528.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8506.jpeg
    IMG_8506.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 79
That's awesome!😎

I would have done a left side charger so my right hand stays on the pistol grip.

Which lower did you use?
I have a plethora of lowers and could just use a 1913 plug.

Hmm..backpack gun.
Multiple 10" barrels.
5.56, .300BLK, 7.62x39,
350/400 Legend
450 Bushmaster
.22LR/.22 wrm

Dang it..

I've loved the idea of a bolt action SBR/pistol like the Pork Sword, mini fix, etc forever. Basically since a Bond movie where a hitman had one. That said, it's not a need, but I want it. How much?

That's awesome!😎

I would have done a left side charger so my right hand stays on the pistol grip.

Which lower did you use?
I have a plethora of lowers and could just use a 1913 plug.

Hmm..backpack gun.
Multiple 10" barrels.
5.56, .300BLK, 7.62x39,
350/400 Legend
450 Bushmaster
.22LR/.22 wrm

Dang it..
For a right hander, right side charging be much mo betta. Keep that left hand on the bag and keep scope on target.

OP - I would dig a bolt action upper. ar15 and ar10 sizes. Standard barrel nut rail interface though so the buyer can choose a rail and barrel that works for them.

At $1100, you are competing directly with Uintah Precision who has been doing this for a while and has a decent following. Although, a true straight pull would separate yourself quite a bit. And make it a true straight pull. Not that non-sense that Q tries to pull off as straight pull but absolutely is not.

For a right hander, right side charging be much mo betta. Keep that left hand on the bag and keep scope on target.

OP - I would dig a bolt action upper. ar15 and ar10 sizes. Standard barrel nut rail interface though so the buyer can choose a rail and barrel that works for them.

At $1100, you are competing directly with Uintah Precision who has been doing this for a while and has a decent following. Although, a true straight pull would separate yourself quite a bit. And make it a true straight pull. Not that non-sense that Q tries to pull off as straight pull but absolutely is not.

This is very much so a "true straight pull"

The action is also waay faster and easier than any swiss straight pull design. Could easily be done with your pinky finger.

Back
Top Bottom