• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hi point CCW -__-

I'm trading for my first High Point this week. Granted its a carbine, but still a HP. Ugly as sin but they do have the reputation of being dependable.
I'll have to do a range report when I get it,ought be a while since its coming from out if state.

Pistols are butt ugly but they have the added tactical advantage of being a great club, when you run out if ammo' LOL

Kinda like riding a moped..,lots of fun until someone you know sees you riding it. LOL

So if you cant afford training you shouldn't own a gun to defend yourself?

not to mention the multiple cases of people successfully defending themselves without training. i get what your saying about putting in the practice and time at the range, but everyone should be able to own a gun to defend themselves without people on the internet saying they arnt good enough or that they are a danger. thats the kind of elitist attitude that turns alot of people away from firearms.

I agree 100%

So if you cant afford training you shouldn't own a gun to defend yourself?

not to mention the multiple cases of people successfully defending themselves without training. i get what your saying about putting in the practice and time at the range, but everyone should be able to own a gun to defend themselves without people on the internet saying they arnt good enough or that they are a danger. thats the kind of elitist attitude that turns alot of people away from firearms.

it doesn't have to be professional training, but if your gun budget is so tight you can't afford range time, your gun isnt very good to you. Hell I don't even trust any gun til its had about 1k rounds down range with no problems, Then comes testing your sd ammo, you want to make sure your gun will eat it and not hiccup, then comes developing some form of shooter proficiency. Granted, not everyone is the Guy that draws the target to 25 yards, misses every shot or the Guy that shoots the target holder at 10 yards, but anygun requires a dedicated user to get proficient with it. Has nothing to do with being an elitest. Criminals in this world are dangerous and dedicated, shots need to be well placed. In a place like Atlanta, there are bystanders that could be injured by an improficient shooter that could lead to serious ramifications. If you're going to own a gun for defense, you need to be proficient with it.

heres my 2cents sure buy a hi point if thats your budget and find someone to help you train with the weapon there are pletty of gun owners that would be glad to show someone how to do it the right way. but as a carry gun its useless you just cant conceal it and if you carry it open you open yourself up as a primary target a point was made that you need a good holster. I believe you need to rely on the holster as much as you rely on your sidearm no snagging a clean safe draw. and then it comes down to the permit which is 70 bucks here so your into the gun at like 180+60-70+70 and then ammo you need some good ammo to ensure you wont have to use the clearing portion of your training during a stand off. I saved my money and bought a glock 19 with new NS and that thing will put the ****tiest ammo you can buy with glock and kci mags without any issue. buy the hi point throw it in the truck or car leave it on the night stand, but carrying is a whole different world its about surprise, technique, accuracy, reliability, and speed. and the hi point doesnt have some of those because of its weight and size...its the fat girl you ****ed. you got some but dont tell any of your friends how good she is and dont bring her out in public.

Last edited:
And if it ever breaks they rebuild it FOR FREE AND GIVE YOU AN EXTRA MAG

Point 2 Hi points are not bad ccw's I got one used for 65 dollars from a pawn shop, handed it back to them after i bought it, had them send it to hipoint, hipoint completely rebuilt it and I got my extra clip, used the money saved to buy a nice paddle holster, also put out by hipoint and carried it for 6 months till i got my XD9. It can be concealed, they really aren't that heavy unless you're just a huge puss, and they are made here in the U.S.A need I say more? 5 oz's is not that big of a difference but 300 bucks is.

Last edited:
And if it ever breaks they rebuild it FOR FREE AND GIVE YOU AN EXTRA MAG

Point 2 Hi points are not bad ccw's I got one used for 65 dollars from a pawn shop, handed it back to them after i bought it, had them send it to hipoint, hipoint completely rebuilt it and I got my extra clip, used the money saved to buy a nice paddle holster, also put out by hipoint and carried it for 6 months till i got my XD9. It can be concealed, they really aren't that heavy unless you're just a huge puss, and they are made here in the U.S.A need I say more? 5 oz's is not that big of a difference but 300 bucks is.

It just looks heavy :) lol

Criminals in this world are dangerous and dedicated
To the former, yes, to the latter, no. Criminals are lazy and cowardly.

In a place like Atlanta, there are bystanders that could be injured by an improficient shooter that could lead to serious ramifications. If you're going to own a gun for defense, you need to be proficient with it.
Only in a place like Atlanta? :rolleyes2:

To the former, yes, to the latter, no. Criminals are lazy and cowardly.

Only in a place like Atlanta? :rolleyes2:

1. To the lazy criminals... God I hope so, if they're lazy enough well never have to squeeze off, but to the ones hell bent on doing harm, proficiency is key. To the Atlanta part, I know, bystanders are everywhere, but I use Atlanta as the example BC its the most crowded, even in Woodstock, gwinett, etc, bystanders are everywhere. There is no backstop in a self defense shooting but the bad Guy
Miss him, and you're screwed.

Just saying that I am comfortable with a hi-point. Thats all. I can hit that target at 25 feet with a 135.00 firearm just like I can hit it with a 700.00 firearm. It isnt that hard really and saying someone shouldnt be forced to believe that you have to spend over 500.00 to do it.

By the way....here is all of mine.
They all have polished feed ramps and customized one way or another......
i46.tinypic.com_28k4lf5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trading for my first High Point this week. Granted its a carbine, but still a HP. Ugly as sin but they do have the reputation of being dependable.
I'll have to do a range report when I get it,ought be a while since its coming from out if state.

Pistols are butt ugly but they have the added tactical advantage of being a great club, when you run out if ammo' LOL

Kinda like riding a moped..,lots of fun until someone you know sees you riding it. LOL

i have the 995ts and love it. very accurate and lots of fun to shoot. Transferable lifetime no questions asked warranty and the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I know you are getting a 40 ken so at least it has the tactical stock and not the old planet of the apes gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom