• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

high fructose corn syrup

Didn't read the whole thread, but just in case no one else pointed this out. There is nothing artificial about HFCS. It just tastes like crap.

Didn't read the whole thread, but just in case no one else pointed this out. There is nothing artificial about HFCS. It just tastes like crap.

It's used as an artificial sweetener. I feel safe calling it artificial

I'd love to hear from our resident food scientist on this: wasn't the HFCS vs sugar debate largely debunked? Maybe there's a taste difference, but doesn't your body pretty much treat all sugars as sugar? Similar insulin response, same breakdown, etc...

(So it's not that HFCS is bad and sugar is good, more like neither of them are doing you any favors.)

Fructose takes different route in metabolism. Let me know if you need further details I can send you some more materials on the same

I'd love to hear from our resident food scientist on this: wasn't the HFCS vs sugar debate largely debunked? Maybe there's a taste difference, but doesn't your body pretty much treat all sugars as sugar? Similar insulin response, same breakdown, etc...

(So it's not that HFCS is bad and sugar is good, more like neither of them are doing you any favors.)
HFCS IS bad for you. I am not the food scientist, but here is my experience. Insulin response is very different. My wife had gestational diabetes. She had to take blood measurements before and after meals. What we found is that any food containing HFCS (ketchup, bread, pasta, coffee syrup, etc) sent her blood sugar sky high. Pancrease could not produce insulin fast enough to digest it. Regular sugar resulted in a very gradual rise and fall in blood sugar levels. This overtaxing of pancreas to digest the HFCS is one of the reasons for increased diabetes in this country.
One slice of HFCS bread/regular Coke/Pepsi (not to get too graphic, but you asked for proof) will make me to camp out on the toilet for hours.
Also HFCS has the same effects on people with even slight ADHD as food colorings on autistic people. My best friend has mood swings and GREAT irritability any time he drinks regular pop.

Yes, there is, it is not made just by boiling down sugar cane or sugar beets, like normal sugar, corn has to be chemically broken down to create HFCS.

If most bread has the HFCS in it, what do yall eat? I live on bologna sandwiches.
LOT of breads has phased out HFCS. HFCS free bread is no more expensive than regular. They will say right on the front of the package "NO High Fructose Corn Syrup".
We started making our own bread as well. Whole wheat breads you buy in the store cannot be processed by the body 100%. Whole grains need to be soaked in water, so body could break them down faster. Tastes SO much better than store bought, and I do not get indigestion from eating it.

Back
Top Bottom