• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HK- Smart brand or Overpriced?

The MP5, UMP, and PSG1 are the best weapons that hk makes.. I think. But those are all way out of my price range and the NFA ones even more so.

The MP5, UMP, and PSG1 are the best weapons that hk makes.. I think. But those are all way out of my price range and the NFA ones even more so.

Yeah. I never thought I would spend $3,000 for an clone MP5 but I did. :] I think I am happy!

I have a USP 9c with a stainless slide, a USP 9f and a P2sk 9mm. They have been bought over the years.
The HK' s have been nothing but reliable. But, so had my other handguns. SA/DA and I do like/prefer the paddle magazine release.
I prefer HK over Sig Sauer P226 and P229 any day of the week. I really do not like the P229.
I prefer HK over Glock. Except for the 4th Gen G19 with no backstrap.
The downside is that while I like HK, I don't see the extra cost above a Glock, Walther or XD. Or even the reliable Sig Pro.

For what they are,...polymer pistols....
HK's are over priced.

Last edited:
HK doesn't do anything for me I have to like the way the gun looks for some reason, and the price tag on them is high... If I'm going to spend the money get me a nice pretty 1911! Otherwise, glock, springfield, ruger, sig for me.

That video is not reflective of the gun but rather this gentleman's lack of pistol skills.

At 21 feet/7 yards that pistol will make one ragged hole with bulk pack 230 FMJ. At 40 yards that pistol should be keeping the shots under 6 inches off hand and if shooter rested (a range bag on a table) then under 3 inches but that's for a shooter with some level of skill. The Mark 23 from a machine rest will cut around a 1-2 inch hole and ammo quality plays a bit more of a role at 40 yards.

The amazing thing is it does it while maintaining a combat level of reliability. The issue as mentioned is it's a big dang hog of a pistol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say again. I have HATED every HK product I ever made the mistake of buying or trading for. Never had a Sig I liked either so maybe it's just me.

I'll stick with my Glocks and 1911s thanks. ;)

Back
Top Bottom