• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holster recommendation and/or advice

I have many (some expensive) holsters packed in a box. The sticky holster is always my go to. Take it for what it's worth but comfort and ease of use always wins for me.

Stick with a quality kydex holster made specifically for the shield pistol such as gearcraft, blackpoint tactical, cooks, t rex arms, tier1concealed to name a few. I use to like remora and sticky style holsters until doing more training and practice with gear. You quickly realize that those holsters can shift around causing a failed draw stroke and cause a failed attempt at reholstering as well. I have gone through pretty much every style iwb holster from cheapest to most money.
Some thoughts to consider on hybrids...

I have had these issues personally trying different hybrids on the market. I have had stealthgear ventcore and revolution holsters, and like other hybrids, very difficult to reholster because they collapse once the pistol is drawn (aliengear 3.0 and 4.0 have fixed this particular issue common in hybrids) Also, will this be for strongside hip carry or aiwb or? Get a holster specifically made for particular carry position.

Some more to consider...

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/features-to-avoid-when-buying-an-iwb-holster

Thanks for all this information. I will check this stuff out. :)

Email him. He is on ODT too. I have Solo, not V2. Same thing, but without the second hook. I am 99% sure it was available for LC9. I have both LC9 and LC9S Pro. Holsters are identical for LC9 and LC9S
I carry Taurus PT111 G2 in Solo, and it hides better than LC9s in Theis hybrid holster.

Email him. He is on ODT too. I have Solo, not V2. Same thing, but without the second hook. I am 99% sure it was available for LC9. I have both LC9 and LC9S Pro. Holsters are identical for them.
I carry Taurus PT111 G2 in Solo, and it hides better than LC9s in Theis hybrid holster.
Is the Taurus a different holster than the LC9? I have both guns. Thanks!

Sidecar.
IMG_20161002_144634 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom