• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Depot shares about to plunge.......

My brothers and I were the 'peanut gallery' whenever Dad "fixed" something around the house (rarely did it not involve Mom calling a handyman shortly thereafter).

Anyway, here is what I know about tools:

upload_2017-10-20_20-51-51.png

my little brother is a master mechanic/service tech with 20 years experience
He can work on my vehicle. someone that watched a couple youtube videos
on the other hand...not gonna happen

no offense. the internet is a great source for knowledge but it doesnt make
you a professional
None taken but if you read my post I said grew up working on cars so I generally understand how most systems on a car work, each just has their own small quirks that can be read about online so there are no surprises when doing the work. Same goes for working on a house which is mich less complex and/or expensive if you mess up the first time. I also am not rebuilding an engine, that is when I would call your brother. Not all millenials are completely worthless is my message here lol.

A year or so ago, I was in the garage with my 33 year old son, and we needed to cut a board for some project. Didn't have any type of power saw, just an old fashioned one like from the 1950s, steel and wood. Sadly, my son, who grew up using power tools only, didn't have a clue on how to use the old-timey manual saw. I had to show him how to start the cut with draw strokes using my thumbnail as a guide. He stood there in amazement and commented how labor intensive it was. I too, was amazed.

None taken but if you read my post I said grew up working on cars so I generally understand how most systems on a car work, each just has their own small quirks that can be read about online so there are no surprises when doing the work. Same goes for working on a house which is mich less complex and/or expensive if you mess up the first time. I also am not rebuilding an engine, that is when I would call your brother. Not all millenials are completely worthless is my message here lol.

Sometimes you can find a diamond in the gravel but they are few and far between. Glad to hear you are one of the millennial diamonds and are not afraid to get your hands dirty and actually turn a wrench. One day in your lifetime your knowledge and skills will be priceless so keep on learning and breaking the mold the others around you have made.:thumb:

I work on my house doing most of the handy man stuff on a regular basis. I pulled a window and replaced the sill the other day because I got tired of looking at it being bad. I had a good idea of how to do it (put in 37 windows in this house and 2 skylights); but someone :rolleyes:was very generous with the caulk and it was a MOFO to get back out. I've changed out lights, switches, plumbing fixtures, hot water heaters, tiled and hard wooded floors and more. I try to stay away from major wiring, concrete work and HVAC systems and leave those to the experts.

My brothers and I were the 'peanut gallery' whenever Dad "fixed" something around the house (rarely did it not involve Mom calling a handyman shortly thereafter).

Anyway, here is what I know about tools:

View attachment 1360095

Those "hammers" on your picture should be marked "finger smashers" also, no?

I heard a guy smash his finger on a rainbow fitting on a C-130 when he was using a plastic sledge...it sounded something like this..."TINK, TINK, TINK, THUDDDD, TINK"

"OWWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!"

Split his finger wide open, nasty.

Back
Top Bottom