• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Home Owner Gets Jail Time For Shooting Burglar

So you are all for shooting someone who is blocking traffic, because they might get away with it?
I'm guessing you misread this post. He's referring to POS rioters after one of their friends gets a bullet in the act of committing a crime.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Unfortunate, he did not hit all three burglars.

He did say the car rushed at him. He may have narrowly gotten out of the way as his trigger finger started working. Some actions are hard to stop once the brain is scared by a near miss with a car being driven by three guys who tried to rob your house.

He should verify insurance on the car and sue the owner for allowing it to be used in a crime.

Unfortunate, he did not hit all three burglars.

He did say the car rushed at him. He may have narrowly gotten out of the way as his trigger finger started working. Some actions are hard to stop once the brain is scared by a near miss with a car being driven by three guys who tried to rob your house.

He shood verify insurance on the car and sue the owner for allowing it to be used in a crime.

We had a very similar case in Oconee County (one of the most gun friendly, conservative counties in the state). Ricky Gear shot at a kid on a motorcycle, which kid he claimed was trying to run him down. The jury (that old "tried by 12" escape valve) seemed to think that the fact that Gear was standing in his own yard, and shot the kid in the back twice were significant.

Gear is doing a life sentence, and is eligible for parole in 30 years, so I guess in that sense it's better than being "carried by 6."

I personally wouldn't shoot through the car door. However,this is the kind of crap that cops get away with all the time. Google the pastor that was shot in Toccoa a few years ago; shot through the door by non-uniformed cops who were exonerated because they were cops.

It seems like the vast majority of "he was trying to run us over so we had to shoot him" cases involve bulls holes through the door. And the cops are never charged, or even fired. It seems to me there's one set of rules for the police and one set for "civilians". And untrained civilians seem to have a greater burden of proof.

Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom