• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

House destroyed by big tree

Mr. Goodbar

Default rank 5000+ posts
Savage Hooligan
109   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever had to deal with a tree landing in your living room destroying your house? My brother just bought this house in May and is destroyed now. Any tips or advice dealing with this would be helpful as he is lost on what to do right now or company recommendations that deal with this mess.

Neighbors tree that fell into his house

E2211AB6-7AF5-404E-B0C9-F8C65CF6D292.jpeg
BFCD3912-01D3-450D-A625-FBA4F2913D28.jpeg
EDD8CD73-6541-4C29-B695-7F2E074ABA21.jpeg
65834676-9EF0-441C-B67B-BE1874D50410.jpeg

Get the insurance claim started and watch out for the scammer tree guys that follow storms like this. If he has a local insurance agent, frequently they'll have a list of reliable contractors that deal with stuff like that. Keep track of every little expense.

Get the insurance claim started and watch out for the scammer tree guys that follow storms like this. If he has a local insurance agent, frequently they'll have a list of reliable contractors that deal with stuff like that. Keep track of every little expense.
I figured their would be more scammers than that, cheapskate contractors trying to get money building it back up doing ****ty work to get insurance money

I figured their would be more scammers than that, cheapskate contractors trying to get money building it back up doing ****ty work to get insurance money

There's also the cash up front and insurance scam "roofers" that will drive through after a big storm too.

On the other hand, I've heard of local tree companies going through a neighborhood dealing with problems as a community service. They just show up, do the thing and move on.

Is your brother's name Zach?
Same thing happened to my new neighbor in Dekalb.
Its devastating. I hope the insurance company puts things back together quickly.

Back
Top Bottom