How do you guys maintain in this atmosphere

My dad always said "if they made Atlanta in parts they left my part out". I have a sister that lives in Marietta. I enjoy visiting her. I should clarify since the invention of turn by turn directions I enjoy visiting her. I don't know if I would like the constant hurry or taking 30+ mins to get anywhere.

One thing I don't like about VA. Is the police are rear ends. They do not cut breaks. Speeding tickets are doubled for residents, radar detectors are outlawed and host of other offense deterrents. Ga. Police cut me a lot of breaks. Issued warning when they clearly could have raped me. No go in Virginia if they get a chance they will run you through the ringer

Yes, Atlanta traffic is horrendous and I-285 is the deadliest interstate in the country. And it's only going to get worse given the complete ineptitude of any 'planning' efforts and the "growth=good" mantra of all local governments. (But I don't know of any big city that has tolerable traffic.)
Yes, I will miss the thrill of competing in the “Watermelon 500”.85mph+ bumper-to-bumper when conditions are right, four lanes wide, dodging first time driving immigrants and general morons can be exhilarating. Not to mention lane jumping with no signal.
I do miss the early days of it’s completion, when you could test your car or bike’s top end with impunity.

Yes, I will miss the thrill of competing in the “Watermelon 500”.85mph+ bumper-to-bumper when conditions are right, four lanes wide, dodging first time driving immigrants and general morons can be exhilarating. Not to mention lane jumping with no signal.
I do miss the early days of it’s completion, when you could test your car or bike’s top end with impunity.
Watermelon 500. LMFAO

Georgia as a state is clearly ahead of the curve once you get out of the big city.
It irks me when transplanted leftists say "I'm Atlantan....." with no thought of being a Georgian in their tiny minds. What they ARE is a bunch of nimwits who live in "The ATL." There's like over 90% of the people living in metro Atlanta who aren't natural born Georgians... I was born there at CWL Hospital in 1950 and grew up there - I was an Atlantan. ATL (of now) is just a place where I got inducted in 1968...I'm a Pickensian now and more proud of that.

I was Georgia born, and Georgia breed, and when I die by God I’ll be Georgia dead. By the way, they quit making Rockin Roll in 1979.

So stealing that little gen, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom