• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you wash and store your hunting clothes?

Wife washes hunting clothes with the other clothes in whatever detergent is on sale. I hunt in same clothes for days or more, smelling like wood smoke and whatever Old Spice deoderant was on sale. I pee and spit snuff outa the stand. Some camo, some whatever. Orange vest which smells like smoke, snuff, blood and guts. I`ve killed a lotta deer and a lotta good bucks never being too concerned with what those so-called hunting mags say. Works for me.

I bought this last year and tried it once and the smell was so strange I thought it was a hoax. Been reading/watching some YouTube and I guess it’s the real deal. I’ll try it again this year.
It really does work. I know it sounds strange but I'm a believer. It doesn't attract deer but it dang sure keeps them from spooking when they smell you.

Nose jammer is great but it seems once they smell it once they avoid the area for a while.
Just my observations.

I’ve had incredibly good luck with just grabbing a handful of soft earth from the woods I’m huntings near my ladder or climber and rubbing it all over my legs, arms and midsection then leaving the ground exposed .
Deer just love freshly disturbed dirt and will come and check it out.
If I dont have any cover scent or haven’t had time to shower or get rid of smelly deodorant the dirt trick really works but I’ve been trying unorthodox hunting methods for over 30 years and certain things work for me that others may scoff at like making noise and running like mad with a grunt call going on the way to my
Ladder
Can’t tell you how many deer came running as soon as I sat down.

After years of paying close attention to scent, I just wash them in hunting detergent. dry em in the dryer and throw them in a garbage bag, use when needed. It works for me. Kill just as many.

Back
Top Bottom