• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many a-holes will be dumping braces and braced guns on here over the next week?

Have y'all seen the 922r fiasco with import pistols now? 922r doesn't apply to pistols...but since they're now classified as SBRs, aka rifles, they're not 922r compliant and therefore illegal, and there's no way to make them legal since they're already stateside. So the only option is to destroy them.

BTW, 922r is the absolute dumbest **** ever, but that's another topic for another thread...

Have y'all seen the 922r fiasco with import pistols now? 922r doesn't apply to pistols...but since they're now classified as SBRs, aka rifles, they're not 922r compliant and therefore illegal, and there's no way to make them legal since they're already stateside. So the only option is to destroy them.

BTW, 922r is the absolute dumbest **** ever, but that's another topic for another thread...

I'm still thinking that unless it came from the manufacture or distributor with the brace already installed they are still just a pistol. At least that's my take-away from some of the things I've seen about this.

I also haven't been able to find a place where it says that a 'regular' SBR has to be 922(r) compliant. There's certainly nothing about that on the Form 1, and the interwebs are all over the place.

This whole rule is bizzaro-land simply because they are making the assumption that these braced pistols have already been made into SBRs and now have to follow the NFA rules and laws. It's completely opposite of the existing Form 1 process.

I know the Dems keep wanting to put ARs and other semis on the NFA. This whole scenario makes me wonder how much this whole thing is simply a dry run for that.

I'm still thinking that unless it came from the manufacture or distributor with the brace already installed they are still just a pistol. At least that's my take-away from some of the things I've seen about this.

I also haven't been able to find a place where it says that a 'regular' SBR has to be 922(r) compliant. There's certainly nothing about that on the Form 1, and the interwebs are all over the place.
I think so too.

As far as the Form 1, I've always been under the assumption that 922r applies to manufacturers and not individuals, but I could be wrong on that. Me personally, I never gave 922r any thought on anything I've changed or built, 922r is pretty much unenforceable to an individual imo---some stuff is unmarked or is marked USA on the inside, which would require disassembly to prove, etc, etc...

If this comes to pass, I'ma hafta pick a number in the 90 - 110 range for the 2023 Macongo Homicide Pool because bambam bambam is going to go postal.

If this comes to pass, I'ma hafta pick a number in the 90 - 110 range for the 2023 Macongo Homicide Pool because bambam bambam is going to go postal.
You just gave me an idea! I could pick a number about that range and start some threads about Brunswick stew or chili with or without beans and tag you in them!
shocked-face-shock.gif

Back
Top Bottom