• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many HAM radio operators here?

Ya, no problem. I am not a VE, but I can find out when the next test session would be. Also, LaGrange has a club that gives exams often. That is even closer to you. I think that the Pine Mountain 2M repeater WB4ULJ-R 145.190- would probably provide a good voice path between you and me. Can you hit it?

I don't know anyone in Gwinnett that is a ham, but I do know that the biggest hamfest in GA is held there every year. I'd guess that they have a pretty good club in that area in order to pull off a feat like that. Try searching Google for a club in your area. They should have a website with contact info. Contact them and see of they offer training courses. Most the time a club will do training and it is free, but you may need to buy a book for around $20.

Ya, no problem. I am not a VE, but I can find out when the next test session would be. Also, LaGrange has a club that gives exams often. That is even closer to you. I think that the Pine Mountain 2M repeater WB4ULJ-R 145.190- would probably provide a good voice path between you and me. Can you hit it?

I will program it in and try it in a week or so. Still in the process of moving up from savannah.

On a whim I bought an inexpensive 2m puxing 777 radio a couple of months ago. I have my tech license but I'm completely stumped on how to program and operate a ham radio. Is there anybody willing to help me get this thing setup and running?

Hmm...your best bet is going to be to get the PC software and a programming cable. Direct entry programming is possible, but may be confusing. You aren't going to find anyone local that has one of these that can help you, either. The Chinese radios are not popular yet (although there is nothing wrong with them). Here is a link with Georgia repeater information...

http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/search/index.asp?state=Georgia

Good luck!

i was thinking about this same thing today, was wondering about communication when SHTF, and was wondering if HAM would be a good way to go. i belive it just might. thanks for all the good info, yaw answered questions i was wanting to ask before i even asked them...... man yaw are good. lol

Back
Top Bottom