• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much does your AR-15 and AR-10 weigh.

I can't remember the last time I weighed a rifle as it's more about balance and functionality for me. By the time i start adding everything I want on it such as laser, light, optics, can, etc, I already know it's not gonna be lightweight, and I'm not compromising on the quality of any of that stuff in order to shave a few ounces.
This, 100% the weight is what it is unless something is obscenely or built. It it balances its good to ride. Inch guns with suppressors are the reason I think the industry is moving toward titanium.....for weight balance.

The Aero Precision M4E1 matched receiver set weighs 17.8 Oz. The ATX Armory Billet 40 receiver set weighs 15.2 Oz. When I bought the receiver sets I compared several and since I like the look of the Billet set and wanted to do a Billet build for for a change I chose the ATX Armory billet 40 set because of its weight savings over a few of the forged sets I looked at. Not all Forged sets weigh that much but it was just a comparison at the time I went by. At the time I had about 10 builds and all were forged sets. I just liked the clean and unique look of this particular set which heavily influenced my choice. It was also one of the lighter billet choices at the time.

The Aero Precision M4E1 matched receiver set weighs 17.8 Oz. The ATX Armory Billet 40 receiver set weighs 15.2 Oz. When I bought the receiver sets I compared several and since I like the look of the Billet set and wanted to do a Billet build for for a change I chose the ATX Armory billet 40 set because of its weight savings over a few of the forged sets I looked at. Not all Forged sets weigh that much but it was just a comparison at the time I went by. At the time I had about 10 builds and all were forged sets. I just liked the clean and unique look of this particular set which heavily influenced my choice. It was also one of the lighter billet choices at the time.

The M4E1 is one of the heaviest of the AR15 receiver sets on the market. All the added Gucci styling and cool lookin’ line are weight and bulk. The magwell is flared, which takes extra material. The integral trigger guard weighs more than several separate options on the market.

If you had bought the Aero Thunder Ranch receiver set, you’d have cut a lot of weight off that. Magwell cutouts, and no FA. There are a lot of other skeletonized forged sets on the market that would have weighed less than a skeletonized billet set of equal or similar strength.

Back
Top Bottom