• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much to dig a small pond

Thought about damming this up but my wife said that it would likely draw attention……

it does form my northern property line (to middle of creek) it would make a nice lake!

269F5E07-F80C-4170-B542-987CBF05FC35.jpeg

Thought about damming this up but my wife said that it would likely draw attention……

it does form my northern property line (to middle of creek) it would make a nice lake!

View attachment 3822228
Do you want to get drilled in the ass by the EPA and a bunch of other governmental agencies?

Do you want to get drilled in the ass by the EPA and a bunch of other governmental agencies?
Let me think about it for a moment, ……

no and you do realize that I am joking about damming it up, right? Or am I.

i get drilled in the ass by IRS regularly enough thank you

The Dam Safety Program within the Water Resources Branch of EPD only regulates Category 1 dams whereas, the Federal NRCS coordinates with the USCE to permit agricultural-related ponds. Any other purpose for a pond may get some review by the NRCS and the USCE but will likely fall under the jurisdiction of the local issuing authority (city/county) or it could fall under the jurisdiction of the Georgia EPD for a stormwater/land disturbance permit.

Built ponds for twenty years. If someone wanted an estimate my rule of thumb was $1000 per vertical foot of stand pipe. If there wasn’t any clearing involved. Prices on everything have changed in the last couple of years. Contact a local contractor that has experience and you can trust. They know if these agencies need to be involved. As for me, as long as I didn’t affect anyone down stream, never contacted anyone. Never built anything over 25 feet either.

I had a guy come look today and to dry up my bottom pasture we are doing something different. I don't care if it's a pond or trenches. I want to put animals back in my bottom pasture.. thanks for the advice.. I guess

Back
Top Bottom