• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much will I save???

It depends on what county and state you live in and also what entities tax your area. (An example of an entity is the school district tax) Each entity gives a certain percentage discount off of your total market value. Call your local tax office and they can give you an estimate using the current market value of the property.

It depends on what county and state you live in and also what entities tax your area. (An example of an entity is the school district tax) Each entity gives a certain percentage discount off of your total market value. Call your local tax office and they can give you an estimate using the current market value of the property.

???????????????

Better late than never?

Just got done rolling a bunch of 9mm and the cost ended up being...

Primers: CCI500 (Sportsman Warehouse $33.60 box 1000 ) = $3.60 per 100
Powder: Blue Dot (Sportsman Warehouse $18.60 pound) Loading 8.2gr = .137 pounds per 100 = $2.55 per 100
Bullets: Berry's 115 FMJ (Sportsman Warehouse $26.27 for box of 250) = 10.5 cents per round = $10.50 per 100

Total: $16.45 per 100 or $8.23 per 50

I just picked up Berry's FMJ 115 in a box of 1000 for $77.89. That brings down the price to $13.93 per 100 or $6.96 per 50

Teaching the children to be meticulous and precise...priceless. Letting them shoot what they load...not so priceless.

Shovelhead is right if you figure in your equipment costs. Unless you enjoy it, rationalize that in the end you can sell your equipment for what you bought it (assuming inflation does its part), or you ammortize your gear over 20+ years your savings just isn't going to add up unless you shoot A LOT! It is easy to sink 300-400 dollars into a fairly simple reloading set up.

Oh yea not to mention how many pounds of powder and bullets you'll end up with that just don't quite fit your fancy. So they either sit or get shot just because, that isn't a cost savings either. All be it my children love it when I get a load wrong (read: not accurate) then range time is play time, fast fire, spray and pray, the whole works.

I got into it for hunting accuracy, and do it for enjoyment more so now.

How much you save depends on what you reload. I reload for several guns and will use my 300 Ultra Mag as an example: 20 round premium box of ammo $50-70 bucks. 100 hundred loaded rounds with premium bullets $80 last time I bought components. It is a hobby for me and allows me to shoot more often.

If you want to be fair about this, talking about bulk ammo prices vs no bulk supplies. Then there may not be much savings DEPENDING on the Caliber. 9mm is Fairly cheap ammo but I can still load 9mm cheaper than your Stated Bulk Price. Buy your supplies in bulk like your trying to compair. Current Prices paid for Supplies : primers $120/5000, Titegroup Powder 8lbs/$142, Plated 9mm Bullets $85/1000 or less. That works out to $6.03 per 50 or $120.65 per 1000. Can get it even lower if I get bigger bulk packages. Sometimes a buddy or 2 throw in and you can get even better pricing. Man you guys really need to shop your supplies, or your stuff is way up there in prices compared to N.Fl and SE. Ga prices. My Equipment I've got very little Money tied up in it. Traded for some and bought some used, inherited a bit. You don't have to buy a Cadillac to drive across the street. Even New equipment is reasonible if you don't over buy.

Back
Top Bottom