• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How not to do deals here on ODT.....a story of one such adventure...

This was an isolated incident. I know that. However that makes it no less frustrating.

99.9% of the folks here are stand up individuals. That is one thing I really like about ODT - great people.

Rob

I have had several "isolated" incidents, but my BS/lame excuse/poor communicator tolerance is very low.

I just added a Newbie with 0 FB. PayPal scammer more than likely.

I've had three people just randomly stop answering my messages here on ODT in the past week. We get close to a deal and then they go MIA. Atleast have the decency to tell me you changed your mind, or anything at all
IF SOMEONE TAKES THE TIME TO PM YOU WITH A LEGIT OFFER ,HAVE THE DECENCY TO ANSWER THEM. THAT'S WHAT YOU WOULD WANT. THERE'S NOT ALOT OF SECRETS ON HERE AND AT SOME POINT YOUR NAME WILL GET AROUND AND PEOPLE WILL NOT DEAL WITH YOU ANYMORE. JUST BE RESPECTFUL OF PEOPLE. TKS

Rob62, I hate to hear that you have had to deal with what you described. I hope that this negative experience does not push you away from buying/selling/trading on this site. I have done more than a few deals on this site, and I only had to give one negative feedback, but that was one too many. I guess that I have been lucky not to have encountered the level of ignorance you described more than once. Hang in there, there are some really good members on this site.
Rob62, I hate to hear that you have had to deal with what you described. I hope that this negative experience does not push you away from buying/selling/trading on this site. I have done more than a few deals on this site, and I only had to give one negative feedback, but that was one too many. I guess that I have been lucky not to have encountered the level of ignorance you described more than once. Hang in there, there are some really good members on this site.
DILLY,DILLY

ive had that happen here recently, a fellow ODTer member pm'ed me saying "Ill take it, whats your PayPal?"
(small somewhat inexpensive item to be shipped)

I sent PayPal info, expecting payment pretty quick
Few hours later, sent another message saying " please let me know when you send payment"
In the mean time, 2 other members were interested but as the honest person I am, I told them it was sold.. Since a deal was apparently reached and awaiting payment.

The Following day, I sent another message politely requesting payment so I can ship item quick and hold up my end of the deal.

2 weeks later still have not heard anything....
Said Member has been online multiple times....

It aggravates me to no end.... if you want it, ill gladly sell it to you and meet or ship.
but if your gonna just blow smoke up my crack, just move on and don't waste my time..
sheesh!

Guys, please don't discount everyone that has a few trades or sales (like me). Many of us have been here a long time and just don't do a heap of buying or trading but our word is good.

You have been here 7+ years, done some trades, and have no negs. Why would anyone ignore you?

Back
Top Bottom