• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How NOT to kill a big buck!

You forgot lesson 6.

Have a friend hunting with you that is willing to drag your f***ing deer out of the bowels of hell, up hill, busting brush the whole dang way. :)

But I got that one right! Did I ever thank you for that? ;) We now have a name for that location. It's the "Bowels of Hell" stand.

When I see meat I shoot it because my luck, if I let those two does go and hope they are being chased by a monster buck I will end up freezing my ass off all day in my tree stand not to see another deer let alone even hear a squirrel fart.

I feel your pain. I hunted the black powder hunt on B F Grant this week. Thursday morning at 9 am I had a nice 8 pointer come in and bed down before I could get a shot. He stayed there til 5:30 pm before he got up and moved for a 70 yard shot. I forgot my drink and snack so I had to sit there all day with nothing to eat or drink. When I shot I missed! I couldn't believe it. Shot gun next day and scope was shooting 3 inches high and 2 inches to right. Sometimes the big ones just have a little luck.

did you got the title of this thread from me?

i thought i was the only one who did this stuff !

that's why we call it hunting not killing!

Back
Top Bottom