• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to rid myself of several hundred Baby Deer Ticks !

Seed ticks.
Nasty little bastages. The only way I know to get rid of em is pull em off one at a time. Might need some tweezers.
If they are still crawling go ahead and take your clothes outside. those suckers are probably in your vehicle now too.
Good luck and a google search may help you out but remember internet advice may not be as reliable as calling a doc.
I've seen dog flea and tick shampoo recommended but not sure how safe it is for humans, may be the lesser of two evils though.

WOW hold the phone, You have been hunting for 25 yrs and, this is the first time this has happened to you....?????? It happen to me the first time I went hunting. At this point, I am not sure what you can do, other than sanitize every thing. And pray..DD

Don't want to sound like a sick bastard, but check good around your nuts. My brother just went through the same thing and he found the mother-load on his bean bag. He sat and soaked in the tub and tried all sorts of things from nail polish remover to baking soda. After he took the ticks off he realizied he had a ton of chiggers too. Scratched himself silly for days. Got all of these from riding the 4 wheeler through the pasture and back for about 15 minutes during the summer time. That's why you'll only find me at camp in late fall and winter. Good luck man.

WOW hold the phone, You have been hunting for 25 yrs and, this is the first time this has happened to you....?????? It happen to me the first time I went hunting. At this point, I am not sure what you can do, other than sanitize every thing. And pray..DD

I've seen many adult ticks...they're easy to deal with.....I've never seen hundreds of these tiny little bastards though! They do fit the description of seed ticks.

Don't want to sound like a sick bastard, but check good around your nuts. My brother just went through the same thing and he found the mother-load on his bean bag. He sat and soaked in the tub and tried all sorts of things from nail polish remover to baking soda. After he took the ticks off he realizied he had a ton of chiggers too. Scratched himself silly for days. Got all of these from riding the 4 wheeler through the pasture and back for about 15 minutes during the summer time. That's why you'll only find me at camp in late fall and winter. Good luck man.

Nothing sick about that, unless I had to get my hunting buddy to help me....Good thing the wife will be home soon!

0.5% permetherin will kill all arachnids. Spiders, ticks, mites, chiggers, lice etc ...It comes in many brands for many uses but it's all exactly the same. Sawyers tick spray in the camping section, RID for head lice over near the pharmacy, provent-a-mite in the pet stores that specialize in reptiles. RID is generally cheaper. spray it on clothing, carpet, bedding, truck seats (just a puff or two in the truck and shut the door for an hour. NOTHING will survive. You do NOT want to spray your skin or inhale any of it. Next time you go in the woods, spray a little on your boots and pant legs and you'll never get a tick or mite on you. You can also get the RID shampoo and wash your legs with it. Use it sparingly. It really doesn't take a lot and it works very fast. I would treat again in a week to make sure no eggs survive.

I've seen many adult ticks...they're easy to deal with.....I've never seen hundreds of these tiny little bastards though! They do fit the description of seed ticks.

Any tick has got to have water..Which means they have to be somewhere around 4 ft high or less to climb back down, for said water. Hence I stay away from tall grass, and low foliage that they can be on. They are hitch hikers, looking for a host and a meal..DD

Back
Top Bottom