• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to rid myself of several hundred Baby Deer Ticks !

Easy

Step 1: Pour 8 ounces of Bourbon into a spray bottle and spray your whole body.
Step 2. Wait 5 minutes
Step 3. Sprinkle fine sand all over your body

The ticks will get drunk and stone each other to death.

0.5% permetherin will kill all arachnids. Spiders, ticks, mites, chiggers, lice etc ...It comes in many brands for many uses but it's all exactly the same. Sawyers tick spray in the camping section, RID for head lice over near the pharmacy, provent-a-mite in the pet stores that specialize in reptiles. RID is generally cheaper. spray it on clothing, carpet, bedding, truck seats (just a puff or two in the truck and shut the door for an hour. NOTHING will survive. You do NOT want to spray your skin or inhale any of it. Next time you go in the woods, spray a little on your boots and pant legs and you'll never get a tick or mite on you. You can also get the RID shampoo and wash your legs with it. Use it sparingly. It really doesn't take a lot and it works very fast. I would treat again in a week to make sure no eggs survive.

This is close to what our pharmacist recommended.....

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you do, do not have sex tonight. You may regret it for the rest of your life.

I said I was waiting for my wife....Not my girlfriend.....JK, I'm not that guy!

I said I was waiting for my wife....Not my girlfriend.....JK, I'm not that guy!

LOL, just pickin at ya!

Seriously, an old remedy is to take a rag soaked in kerosene and wipe the infected area down thorougly. You also may want to spray something in your truck and wash the clothes that you were wearing seperately with some bleach several times.

This is close to what our pharmacist recommended.....

Us reptile guys know how to get rid of ticks and mites lol. Try keeping 100-200 snakes in one room. Reptile mites do not feed on warm blood animals but man do they multiply. One snake gets mites, they ALL get mites. And import snakes fresh off the boat come usually with ticks AND mites. There are about 1000 ways to get rid of them. dangerous pesticides, messy sevin dust, messy drowning them in olive oil. Permetherin spray is the best and I didn't have to do anything but take all the snakes out and put them in plastic bins...spray the cages. wait a bit...and put the snakes back in the cages. Mite/tick problem over...anything else meant changing the bedding after bleaching all the cages and they would still come back so rinse and repeat several times. Spraying the cages also got rid of any spiders in the house. Oh....speaking of which, if you have any weird pets like tarantulas, scorpions, frogs or turtles...you will want to take them into the next county before spraying one squirt of that stuff or they will die even in another room if the ventilation system is working properly. It only seems to bother vertebrae animals that sniff the mist. Once it settles and dries, they can eat the stuff and it won't hurt them. Bugs on the other hand...it makes the area uninhabitable for over a week.

The best way to get rid of the ones that dropped off is to go to Home Depot/Lowes and get some boron powder. Boron is a rock that is ground into a talc. It is not poisonous and is safe for pets and children. Sprinkle the powder onto your carpets and then lightly sweep into the pile. Vacuum 4-5 day later and re-apply. The boron dries the suckers out.

Back
Top Bottom