• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting and fishing during SHTF scenario

1/16" or (7x7) is about 100lb rated
1/8" is about 350lb rated
all components are together in same area and don't crimp the swage on the business end

A wooden or steel box painted black on the inside with oven racks and clear glass roof can reach 350* in a sunny spot and can be used to make meat strips into jerky. Good solar oven

Cool, thanks.

As for the solar oven, is there a preferred paint for the inside, such as latex, that won't stink up the meat?

Also, with snares you're likely to catch a wide variety of animals. Are there any animals that are considered inedible? Possibly because they're so likely to carry a disease (rabies, etc) or parasites it's not worth the risk?

Also, with snares you're likely to catch a wide variety of animals. Are there any animals that are considered inedible? Possibly because they're so likely to carry a disease (rabies, etc) or parasites it's not worth the risk?

I've read that some armadillos carry leprosy.

I've been studying up on Aquaponics and "farming" rabbits and chickens.

Some of the books in my Prep library. Of course I still have lots of reading to do and the subject matter is very dry in some cases.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1603429697/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/086571701X/ref=oh_details_o03_s01_i00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976626608/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0762742984/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00

Deer were just about wiped out during the great depression. There isnt enough wildlife to support the population for long.
folks dont think about that.there is over 5000000 people in the atlanta metro area alone! thats 5 million people! over 400 thousand in just atlanta.where do folks think most of those people will go?out into the country side , thats where.you and all your friends dont have enough ammo to kill a fraction of them.everything that can be shot and eaten will be in a short amount of time.every hodo billybob with a gun will become a self proclaimed mountainman roaming the woods and roads shooting every cow ,goat, pig,duck, and chicken .and not giving a damn whos land it is.when all thats gone they will start ramsacking homes.after that who knows what things will turn into.i dont think for a min that people will just sit around and wait to die.they will spill out into the countryside by the 10's of thousands.

folks dont think about that.there is over 5000000 people in the atlanta metro area alone! thats 5 million people! over 400 thousand in just atlanta.where do folks think most of those people will go?out into the country side , thats where.you and all your friends dont have enough ammo to kill a fraction of them.everything that can be shot and eaten will be in a short amount of time.every hodo billybob with a gun will become a self proclaimed mountainman roaming the woods and roads shooting every cow ,goat, pig,duck, and chicken .and not giving a damn whos land it is.when all thats gone they will start ramsacking homes.after that who knows what things will turn into.i dont think for a min that people will just sit around and wait to die.they will spill out into the countryside by the 10's of thousands.

I wouldn't say we don't have enough ammo to kill a fraction of them. I'm sure I would be killed long before I could run out of ammo. But anyway that is a very realistic scenario you paint and I would expect that would be the way it could happen. I think a lot of people on here have a romantisized idea of banding together to roam around and take what they want like it is going to be one big adventure,even a party. It will not be fun for long. There will be bloodshed and death. It will come from those who are trying to defend what is theirs and it come from within the group itself as the strong begin to prey on the weaker.

I think there will be a huge initial surge into the countryside and many will die from armed conflict. Many more will begin to die from starvation, disease, and exposure and numbers will be thinned. There will be those who survive from both sides and I think smaller bands will begin to come together as communities to claim territory on which to grow food, survive and defend. Three things I am sure of. The majority of people are not prepared in the least for shtf and their only hope is to take from others. A few are prepared or at least partially prepared and have a much better chance of surviving without having to prey upon others. Thirdly, the human spirit will endure. It will find a way to survive.

Back
Top Bottom