• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting in Timber company land

Glockman1515

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
58   1
Reaction score
i was able to get access to hunt on 1400 acres of Timber company land. It’s mostly all pines with a few areas that were burned down a year or two ago. Any tips and tricks on hunting areas like this?

i was able to get access to hunt on 1400 acres of Timber company land. It’s mostly all pines with a few areas that were burned down a year or two ago. Any tips and tricks on hunting areas like this?
Yes, there should be plenty of mushrooms there in the burn, does will be there and bucks follow them as well, good luck, I love hunting pines around nine to eleven.

Thanks for all the responses! The property does have a river running through it. Any luck with laying down any type of attractants? I’ve never tried using any before. I’ve always just stalked

Thanks for all the responses! The property does have a river running through it. Any luck with laying down any type of attractants? I’ve never tried using any before. I’ve always just stalked
With all that land sounds like you need a hunting buddy.....Will work for hunt.

Hunt the thick bottom by the river. You will see the most deer there.

Lol I’m able to bring a “Family member” along. I appreciate all the help! So try the thick bottom near the river? Any places I should stay away from so I do not waste a lot of time?

Lol I’m able to bring a “Family member” along. I appreciate all the help! So try the thick bottom near the river? Any places I should stay away from so I do not waste a lot of time?

Deer need to eat and sleep every day. Find out where they eat and where they sleep and set up in between. You are guaranteed to see deer. That bottom area should have some good food sources and the really thick stuff is a good bedding area.

Back
Top Bottom