• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting on Company Land

I think marking the property lines and even posting would be how I would start. There will likely be a few who feel entitled to the hunting, because they have hunted there forever. Also , if not properly posted, the game wardens cant do much.
We had a similar problem. Its bad enough worrying about “accidents “ without the kids hunting. There is always a chance of confrontation too. Bow season is almost here. If y’all aren’t bow hunting, it would be a good time to make it clear your intent. Unfortunately ,its all part of the deal.
You want to spend time hunting with your boys, and not worrying about the rest.

Do you have written permission to put up posted signs or did they ask you to do so? Just because they gave you the thumbs up to hunt on the land, I'm not sure that permits to do so or give you any authority.

There will almost certainly be people that have hunted that land for years.

Another employee and I hunt the farm I work it’s a lot of land and very much a full time job keeping people off the property. Take pictures and document those you catch at the time and talk to them then get law enforcement involved if they’re not so enthusiastic you’ll have to resort to walking in with a Bluetooth speaker playing whatever obnoxious tunes you like and they don’t. Get creative,be safe, cover your azz and they will get tired of it before you do and word will get out it ain’t worth it hunting there.

Do you have written permission to put up posted signs or did they ask you to do so? Just because they gave you the thumbs up to hunt on the land, I'm not sure that permits to do so or give you any authority.

I'll echo this.. I received a warning and even got to sit in handcuffs for a little bit over not having a piece of paper stating I had permission. Land owner is someone I have known my whole life, and just gave me verbal permission. When the game Warden called him the game Warden told him I would need to get a written letter of permission. He went as far as telling me he would cite or arrest me and confiscate my stuff if I was there without the letter.

I would ask company to issue permission cards to the employees that have permission on property with there name on them.if ok with company post it,put up gates don’t be nice to trespassers run them off,if catch again prosecute.we have more problems with dumping than trespassing

Yes, I will definitely have a printed letter granting permission on our letterhead. It’ll be my project starting this fall, so in a month or so, I’ll be signing all documentation on it anyway once it is out of acquisitions.

I would ask company to issue permission cards to the employees that have permission on property with there name on them.if ok with company post it,put up gates don’t be nice to trespassers run them off,if catch again prosecute.we have more problems with dumping than trespassing
You aren’t kidding. We have a huge problem with people dumping junk. Right next to people taking trucks and motorcycles/ATVs and tearing up the land.

Purple spray paint, orange flagging tape, written permission slips, nailing posted signs to trees. Is all this really necessary? Just take your kids hunting and enjoy the time with them. If one of the neighbors kills a deer tell them good job and shake their hand. It’s just a damn deer dude! This is Georgia, with an estimated 1.25 MILLION white tails. Plenty to go around for everyone! Let them kids pull the trigger and whack everyone they see. I promise you can’t kill them all.

Purple spray paint, orange flagging tape, written permission slips, nailing posted signs to trees. Is all this really necessary? Just take your kids hunting and enjoy the time with them. If one of the neighbors kills a deer tell them good job and shake their hand. It’s just a damn deer dude! This is Georgia, with an estimated 1.25 MILLION white tails. Plenty to go around for everyone! Let them kids pull the trigger and whack everyone they see. I promise you can’t kill them all.
I think he’s more concerned with safety,than the killing.i would not want to be there with my kids and have no idea who is there.i would not want to be there myself.

Back
Top Bottom