• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting Report 11-17-2014

Late evening score.
Was still a half hour useable daylight left when I took a break from cutting trails.
I sat and watched a pinch point at a location I never hunted yet and three deer blasted up the hill like a freight train bit they were behind brush and all I saw were tails.

I was sure that was it for the night then 5 min later this big Ol gal Mosies out of the thicket and walks on the adjacent hillside slowly and presented herself broadside then turned just as I shot.
She ran off like mad so I have her 90 minutes before I went tracking.
Blood trail was non existent at the scene of impact and she ran up hill.

Never found my bolt.

Picked up blood trail 30 yards away and found her about 50 yards from there.

She was a pretty nice sized doe but pic does not really show it.

Gonna try my luck again there tomorrow.

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_clownzilla_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps2fd38439.jpg

Congrats Comanche!!! I've been cutting up deer all night, looks like it will be you soon.

Lol.
How many did you harvest this week? You da man!

I think I found my new honey hole.... I have been hunting this 30 acre tract with no luck at all and finally decided to try my luck on the other end of the valley
And it paid off big time!

Lol.
How many did you harvest this week? You da man!

I think I found my new honey hole.... I have been hunting this 30 acre tract with no luck at all and finally decided to try my luck on the other end of the valley
And it paid off big time!
I'm to 6 with a bow and the one I was cutting up tonight was taken by a Ford. Dad saw it get hit so I hurried on over while he waited so I got some easy meat with no dragging. One of the hind quarters is blood shot bad but the other was just fine. And them oh so tasty backstraps were safe and sound. This was awesome didnt even cost me a broadhead!

Back
Top Bottom