• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Husqvarna produces crap and has no customer service!

bensskateshop

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
118   0
Reaction score
I used to like them until my most recent interaction with their escalations department. Logan, the phone operator that was assigned my case lied several times and refused to answer my questions. Here are a couple of his extremely obvious lies:
  • He does not have a boss.
  • There is no one in the entire worldwide husqvarna corporation that he reports to or is in any way directed by.
  • His department is the highest dept in the company.

I purchased a 455 rancher from my local husqvarna dealer Vansant lawnmower in Douglasville on 12-18-2013 with a 3 year warranty. A few weeks ago my saw stopped running so I called vansant and made sure my saw was under warranty. They said absolutley so I took it up there and dropped it off. Chris told me it would be back in a week or so. I waited 2 weeks before calling them to be told that it was "not economically feasible to repair". I asked exactly what the issue was and was told that the ring froze up because of the ethanol in the gas and that I was not supposed to shut the saw off when it was hot. Chris also informed me that they broke bolts off in the crankcase while trying to diagnose the problem and that since they ruled it a fuel problem it was not under warranty. He so graciously offered to fix it for "around $150". I told him no thanks that I would be by to pick up the parts and take it somewhere else. Chris then told me that it would cost me $38.50 plus tax to pick up the parts, including the **** they broke!

http://www.vansantslawnmower.com/

I called husqvarna 1-800-487-5951 and was referred to the escalations department where I was assigned to Logan. Logan did his call center job very well and read the script right off the screen and refused to answer several direct questions and then proceeded to outright lie numerous times. When I asked him about the broken bolts he replied that it was a civil matter and not husqvarnas concern.

I should probably take a few days before I decide what to do next or I might end up in a not so civil matter.

I've never liked the power to weight ratio with Stihl but I may have to go that route next.

Anybody else experienced this kind of bull**** from vansants? Any recommendations?

poulan is made by huskynarnia...go figure.

stihls are really good...but my next saw is
gonna be a makita(heard nothing but great
things about them they're german made
also).

Find out what the limit is for small claims court, then file a suit for that amount against vansant. They'll end up paying you for the cost of the saw and extended warranty. I'm sure there are mechanics on here that'll give you a report saying it wasn't the gas that caused the problem and then go buy a stihl. Heck use the one I have for sale before you buy one and see how you like it.

Back
Top Bottom