• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Husqvarna produces crap and has no customer service!

Ya know, I've been thinking about this for a few hours now. I've had my stihl 025 for 17 years and have never given any thought to gas or ethanol. I've had my 310 for 13 years and have never given fuel a second thought. I've had my husky back back blower for 13 years no fuel thought. I've replaced the fuel lines in all of em but they run great today just as they did when new. Now, I have an echo weed trimmer that's only 7 years old and I hate that piece of **** with a passion! It's just a pain to get running and I really do hate it, but I paid a lot for it and I'm not gonna waste any money.

I know a very large local company that had too many claims denied from Husky, Stihl Makita Echo, Wacker and others. It seems like a common thing to blame the fuel though I have no doubt that some of it is fuel related.
The solution seems to work and breakdowns of all 2 stroke equipment went down dramatically.
Here's the solution
You can pay a little now or pay a lot later.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/TruSouth-Trufuel-50-1-Pre-Oil-Mix-6525638/202532877
tru fuel.jpg

Not 1 warranty claim has been denied since.

Last edited:
I know a very large local company that had too many claims denied from Husky, Stihl Makita Echo, Wacker and others. It seems like a common thing to blame the fuel though I have no doubt that some of it is fuel related.
The solution seems to work and breakdowns of all 2 stroke equipment went down dramatically.
Here's the solution
You can pay a little now or pay a lot later.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/TruSouth-Trufuel-50-1-Pre-Oil-Mix-6525638/202532877
View attachment 617482

Not 1 warranty claim has been denied since.

@ $25.51 per gallon, I'll take my chances. I use 10-12 gallons every year which is probably 11.5 more than the average homeowner.
After reading all of this, I'll probably go back to adding a little of the marine stabil to my mix.

. I asked exactly what the issue was and was told that the ring froze up because of the ethanol in the gas and that I was not supposed to shut the saw off when it was hot.

Husqvarna's web site has a video showing the proper way to cut a tree down and it shows their expert cutting the saw off right after cutting the tree down.

The owners of Vansant's would hate me for the rest of their lives.
Exactly. While what the OP describes in his customer service call is unacceptable, this doesn't sound like a Husky problem. Vansant's broke the saw and is now trying to avoid making it right. I don't think so.

While I'm sure Stihl makes find saws, I bought a new Husky saw last year and it's been great so far. Used it last weekend as a matter of fact after sitting several months and it started without issue. I do use Sta-bil. The Stihl 'professional' weedeater I have is THE WORST small engine I've ever owned. It's the hardest to start, hardest to keep running and hardest to get to idle and developed an oil leak within 24 months of VERY light use. But it was expensive so it has that going for it.)

I concur, Vansant's would make it right, or be wishing they had.

Get a new one and never buy another one of those. Personally over something so small financially i wouldn't pursue it any further.

Write a few crappy reviews possibly and move on.
put iit out there on Youtube and record all your dealings with them ..call them over & over till you know there kids names write the company over and over..you will get some results..or a restraining order

Back
Top Bottom