• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Husqvarna produces crap and has no customer service!

I run saws for a living.I own both.I prefer the Stihls, but the Husky XP line are great saws.First thing I tell people that ask is to spend a couple hundred more and get a Pro series saw it will last forever.They make that Rancher line and the Stihl Farm boss line to be disposable.And the ring will stick because of the fuel if it sits the alcohol will break down the oil mix and it won't be sufficant lubrication.

When Ethanol is present it will actually get between the oil and the metal, preventing the boundary layer from forming. This results in little or no protection for the moving components, and little or no reduction in friction forcing the engine to work harder, run hotter, and often to destroy itself.

Last edited:
I run saws for a living.I own both.I prefer the Stihls, but the Husky XP line are great saws.First thing I tell people that ask is to spend a couple hundred more and get a Pro series saw it will last forever.They make that Rancher line and the Stihl Faem boss line to be disposable.And the ring will stick because of the fuel if it sits the alcohol will break down the oil mix and it won't be sufficant lubrication.

When Ethanol is present it will actually get between the oil and the metal, preventing the boundary layer from forming. This results in little or no protection for the moving components, and little or no reduction in friction forcing the engine to work harder, run hotter, and often to destroy itself.
Thanks, this is the best explanation I have heard on why ethanol screws up an engine.

Thanks, this is the best explanation I have heard on why ethanol screws up an engine.

Your welcome and I'm not by any means saying the OP broke his own saw, or the dealer, or Husky is right.I think the dealer is reaching for anything because they screwed up some hardware on his saw and Husky is being a jackass.

I used to like them until my most recent interaction with their escalations department. Logan, the phone operator that was assigned my case lied several times and refused to answer my questions. Here are a couple of his extremely obvious lies:
  • He does not have a boss.
  • There is no one in the entire worldwide husqvarna corporation that he reports to or is in any way directed by.
  • His department is the highest dept in the company.

I purchased a 455 rancher from my local husqvarna dealer Vansant lawnmower in Douglasville on 12-18-2013 with a 3 year warranty. A few weeks ago my saw stopped running so I called vansant and made sure my saw was under warranty. They said absolutley so I took it up there and dropped it off. Chris told me it would be back in a week or so. I waited 2 weeks before calling them to be told that it was "not economically feasible to repair". I asked exactly what the issue was and was told that the ring froze up because of the ethanol in the gas and that I was not supposed to shut the saw off when it was hot. Chris also informed me that they broke bolts off in the crankcase while trying to diagnose the problem and that since they ruled it a fuel problem it was not under warranty. He so graciously offered to fix it for "around $150". I told him no thanks that I would be by to pick up the parts and take it somewhere else. Chris then told me that it would cost me $38.50 plus tax to pick up the parts, including the **** they broke!

http://www.vansantslawnmower.com/

I called husqvarna 1-800-487-5951 and was referred to the escalations department where I was assigned to Logan. Logan did his call center job very well and read the script right off the screen and refused to answer several direct questions and then proceeded to outright lie numerous times. When I asked him about the broken bolts he replied that it was a civil matter and not husqvarnas concern.

I should probably take a few days before I decide what to do next or I might end up in a not so civil matter.

I've never liked the power to weight ratio with Stihl but I may have to go that route next.

Anybody else experienced this kind of bull**** from vansants? Any recommendations?
I dont condone violent behavior....but...i would have broken the store front window throwing it through it and tell the to go% them selfs its only a hundred dollar fine and restitution but it feels so good

... I was not supposed to shut the saw off when it was hot...

Lol wut?!? So, you are not supposed to use it? I probably would've had the representative repeat that statement for "quality assurance purposes", and then have him explain how my running power tool is not supposed to be "hot"? Then ask to speak to someone a little more intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom