• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Husqvarna produces crap and has no customer service!

I run saws for a living.I own both.I prefer the Stihls, but the Husky XP line are great saws.First thing I tell people that ask is to spend a couple hundred more and get a Pro series saw it will last forever.They make that Rancher line and the Stihl Farm boss line to be disposable.And the ring will stick because of the fuel if it sits the alcohol will break down the oil mix and it won't be sufficant lubrication.

When Ethanol is present it will actually get between the oil and the metal, preventing the boundary layer from forming. This results in little or no protection for the moving components, and little or no reduction in friction forcing the engine to work harder, run hotter, and often to destroy itself.

^ This kinda.

A stuck ring and insufficient lube are different and look completly different upon examination.
A stuck ring is normally due to build up from deposits, and actually sticks in the ring groove. Piston/cylinder damage is uncommon. Normally this happens on trimmers not often found on saws and most saws run WFO and trimmers just above idle. Low speed & low temp equals lots of left over fuel & oil to turn into a sticky mess.
Insufficient lubrication is just what it sounds like. The piston and cyl will have scoring (actual scratches) from metal to metal contact and there may be metal transfer. There will be discoloration. If it's been occuring over time the score marks will have black deposits in the scoring as the carbon begins to build in the grooves. You'd be amazed how long a used engine will last with a bad mix or no oil at all, new engines usually melt down much faster.
Carbon build up is another engine killer, diamonds are made of carbon remember. Carbon builds up in the exhaust port will destroy a piston, with no signs of heat but will show similar score marks from the carbon cutting into the piston/ring. Another low speed & temp related failure.
Insufficient lube damage and carbon scoring will only occur on the exhaust side of the piston. A stuck ring is normally found in cooler locations.
Lean seizure is another matter.... then we have cold seizures....

Consider most of these saws are running roughly 12k rpms and the pro level bucking/thinning saws run much faster, there's not much room for error. Think Indy car engine.
BTW never ever feed your saw 87 octane. At 12k rpms 87 octane dont cut it, buy the 93/94 stuff and good oil.

Probably way too late for this, if they still have your saw and it still has your fuel in it have them check the alcohol level. Takes like 5 minutes to do and if its within OEM limits it may still be warranty.....

Have them do it in front of you.....

I've run them both got 039 stihl had for 12 years runs perfect no problems easy find parts got stihl leaf blower same way. Huskee weed eater no problem. Huskie saw two nuts vibrate off that hold chain bar on. Lost one 7 months ago and still can't get one. Called two different service stores and ordered no luck. Called customer service no luck. From now on stihl all I'll ever buy. All I burn is premix cans of fuel from tractor supply or high test non-ethanol .

Get a new one and never buy another one of those. Personally over something so small financially i wouldn't pursue it any further.

Write a few crappy reviews possibly and move on.
Its a 500$ saw and it sounds like its vansants fault. I mean they broke it taking it apart amd tried to charge op with that. I wouldnt let it go.

Reactions: BHJ
Back
Top Bottom