• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Husqvarna produces crap and has no customer service!

Tru fuel is about $5 per quart which will usually fill most saws 3 or 4 times.
Husqvarna brand is $7.50 per qt but using either their pre mix or husky brand oil they will double your warranty up to 4 years.
Or then there's the $400 + for a decent new homeowner grade saw.

Though I dont use my saw near as much as I used to it's gotta be dependable when I need it.
After seeing my old employers results using tru fuel in their hundreds of 2 strokes of all stripes, and now just using my personal saw for a load of wood a year plus homeowner and emergency duties. It's much easier and economical to just keep pre mix in it ready to go and a can or two on the shelf.
Just from my experience I'd recommend it.

Exactly. While what the OP describes in his customer service call is unacceptable, this doesn't sound like a Husky problem. Vansant's broke the saw and is now trying to avoid making it right. I don't think so.

While I'm sure Stihl makes find saws, I bought a new Husky saw last year and it's been great so far. Used it last weekend as a matter of fact after sitting several months and it started without issue. I do use Sta-bil. The Stihl 'professional' weedeater I have is THE WORST small engine I've ever owned. It's the hardest to start, hardest to keep running and hardest to get to idle and developed an oil leak within 24 months of VERY light use. But it was expensive so it has that going for it.)

I concur, Vansant's would make it right, or be wishing they had.

Stihl's newer 4-mix engines do sux. I can not get but one season out of most of the trimmers,edgers,hedge trimmers etc. When they switched from the true 2 stroke their hand tool went down hill. Saws excluded.

Stihl's newer 4-mix engines do sux. I can not get but one season out of most of the trimmers,edgers,hedge trimmers etc. When they switched from the true 2 stroke their hand tool went down hill. Saws excluded.

I remember being at Stihl in VA before these were released and they didn't like what we told them.

Back
Top Bottom