• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am officially at a standstill as of 30 min. ago

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I just loaded one hundred 6.8spc, 110gr. Sierra Pro Hunter with 29.0 gr. of IMR 8208 XBR. That wiped me out on 8208 powder and I am wasting projectiles and prepped brass to load with any other powder. So the hunt begins and it doesn't look good for me on that.

Now I guess I could load some .223 but I have a bit of load developing to do before I can buckle down and start cranking those out. I haven't been shooting a whole lot of .223 but that about to change since my 6.8 supply has diminished. Oh well you gotta do what you can in this climate.

Me too but it's the heat that's stalling me. As soon as it cools down in a month or so I'm gonna start loading 30-06, 45-70, 45 acp, 9mm, and 357. Around 750 rounds all together. Got all the brass prepped and primers seated. I'll have to cast all but the 30-06 and 357, and that definitely ain't happening in this heat.

you sound like you are really bored. I know I am.
Yeah bored to death. My bench and equipment is inside so the heat isn't the problem. I have plenty of prepped .223 brass but getting out in the hear to test some loads is a no no in this heat. It's stifling. It will get cooler here fairly quick so I can resume then. It's upwards of mid 90's this week. To hell with that nonsense!

Back
Top Bottom