• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am starting to get a little antsy.

Still haven't heard anything on the form 4s I put in on June 16 2016.

Call them man! Have your serial number on hand. At 8 months I called and they were like "well sir you're still pending....oh...wait... seems we have an error here for you that needs to be corrected and sent back then we'll issue stamp on 2 weeks"
Wonder how long that "error" sat having not been sent via snail mail to my LGS and trust address? Pays to call. Here's the number;
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Firearms Act Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405
Voice (304) 616-4500

Tell them you'd like to check the status on your form 4, they'll ask for your name, where it's going (store wise) in which county, then your serial number. They've always been friendly with me, prompt on the phone, and a generally pleasant experience.

Good luck brother

This is very true, so do I need to purchase the suppressor upfront and the store just holds it until the stamp comes in or do you only have to front the $200 for the stamp initially? Ya know, in case you die or something before the stamp comes in so the store can just sell it to someone else.
Most will want you to pay for the suppressor and stamp up front. Some will treat it like a layaway though, and let you pay on it while you wait. Cherokee gun and pawn let me make some payments on an SBR. I think I had to put like 25% down or something.
But either way, they will keep the suppressor in their possession until they get the approved transfer back, and they will call you to come pick it up

Most will want you to pay for the suppressor and stamp up front. Some will treat it like a layaway though, and let you pay on it while you wait. Cherokee gun and pawn let me make some payments on an SBR. I think I had to put like 25% down or something.
But either way, they will keep the suppressor in their possession until they get the approved transfer back, and they will call you to come pick it up
Buncha LGS up here in our parts canton, HOlly springs, Woodstock, will let you layaway NFA items while pending stamp. Only catch at some places (with range) won't let you shoot it before you pay it off. Conjugal visits delayed.

I currently have 3 form 4s in the system. 2 from June, June 4th and the 16th. Got curious and called for the first time 2 days ago, the guy told me it'd be mid march before the June 4th stamp got approved. But something tells me it'll be much longer than that

Have you called man?
Many times.

Approved 12/12.
LGS never got it.
LGS contacted ATF for reissue.
After two more weeks I contacted AFT and they said they had gotten the request but had no record of reissue. The agent I spoke to said he would send it out personally that day. That was early last week.

At this point I won't believe it will happen until I have the weapon and stamp in hand. If it makes it to a full year (the 24th of this month), I'm going to cancel the order, retrieve my weapon without modification and then take legal action against the ATF to recover the cost of those modifications and stamp. Bet I can find pro gun activist groups to back me in the law suit, too. This is ridiculous.

Many times.

Approved 12/12.
LGS never got it.
LGS contacted ATF for reissue.
After two more weeks I contacted AFT and they said they had gotten the request but had no record of reissue. The agent I spoke to said he would send it out personally that day. That was early last week.

At this point I won't believe it will happen until I have the weapon and stamp in hand. If it makes it to a full year (the 24th of this month), I'm going to cancel the order, retrieve my weapon without modification and then take legal action against the ATF to recover the cost of those modifications and stamp. Bet I can find pro gun activist groups to back me in the law suit, too. This is ridiculous.
That's ridiculous man.

Back
Top Bottom