• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I broke my outdoor spigot..

View attachment 2071483

This is the proper outdoor spigot, not that 5 buck thing you have now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having spigot issues. I had one of the cheap ones in the video, I brought one of these and had a guy come to install it and he soldered it to the line inside the house in the basement so I can't unscrew it to replace. Do I have to get someone to unsolder it and resolder the new one? Any plumbers on here? I have soldered joints before but its not my wheelhouse

Glad to see I'm not the only one having spigot issues. I had one of the cheap ones in the video, I brought one of these and had a guy come to install it and he soldered it to the line inside the house in the basement so I can't unscrew it to replace. Do I have to get someone to unsolder it and resolder the new one? Any plumbers on here? I have soldered joints before but its not my wheelhouse

Shark bite fittings

Just need to cut it with a tubing cutter and use something to remove the rough edges inside and outside the pipe

The end of the pipe has to be a nice smooth cut for shark bites to work right

Shark bite fittings

Just need to cut it with a tubing cutter and use something to remove the rough edges inside and outside the pipe

The end of the pipe has to be a nice smooth cut for shark bites to work right

Yea I forgot about shark bites. I'll have to check that out. The new spigot has threads on the end, not sure if the old one does too.

+1 for sharkbite fittings. Had the entire spigot come off (poorly soldered) with only an 1/2" of pipe showing and was able to extend with sharkbite. Also capped another off completely with a sharkbite cap. Those style fittings have saved my bacon several times. I was really nervous about how well they'd hold up but 1+ year so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea I forgot about shark bites. I'll have to check that out. The new spigot has threads on the end, not sure if the old one does too.

You can get shark bites with threads on the ends
And longer adjustable ones to lengthen the pipes to be just right

Nice to not have a Torch inside a wall scorching the studs while sweating a copper joint

You can get shark bites with threads on the ends
And longer adjustable ones to lengthen the pipes to be just right

Nice to not have a Torch inside a wall scorching the studs while sweating a copper joint

Ah ok I'll have to go to Home Depot and look into that. Weather is starting to get nice and I need to be washing my car.

Got around to fixing my spigot today. $6 shark bite 1/2 copper to female threaded. Had already gotten the new spigot for $28.

Cut the old one
20190427_193521.jpg

Shark bit the new one
20190427_194217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom