• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess I’m too old to be bothered anymore

A few years ago, I was in the checkout line at a mega bookstore (Barnes & Noble or Books a Million or whatever). The line was probably 7 or 8 folk deep. One check out register. The perky little lady behind the counter greets each customer as they approach her at the register. She big grins them, asks if they are a member of the Book Club (or whatever they called it), most say no, thanks, not interested and conclude the transaction. The older lady in front of me goes up to the counter, plops down 5 or 6 books, Miss Smiles asks if Miss Elderly is a member... Miss Elderly says no, Miss Smiles asks if she would like to join, Miss Elderly says yes and for the next several minutes Miss Smiley inputs Miss Elderly's name, address, phone number and something else (I can't remember). The books are rang up, paid for, bagged and Miss Smiley thanks Miss Elderly. Smiley looks at me, big smiles and asks if I am a member of....I smile back, and say, rather too loudly, No, Ma'am, I am not, but I now know the address where Miss Elderly lives, her phone number and whatever the other thing was. Not only do I know this information, but so do these fine folk behind me. Miss Smiley lost her smile. Her lips quivered. She quickly rang up my book, bagged it, thanked me and said, "Next, Please".

I see that Harbor Freight asks for my phone number, but does not press for it. Walgreens the same way. Gosh, all the FREE LIFE INSURANCE QUOTES, FREE MEDICAL SUPPLIMENTAL INSURANCE QUOTES, FREE ESTIMATE FOR ROOF GUTTERS want an email and phone number.

no Sh88...does anyone actually publicly give out their phone number...YES, I hear a lot of numbers, and am dumfounded at the stupidity....sheep....led to slaughter....not a clue...

I have an acquaintance that tells me I shouldn't go to Publix anymore because......I get sick and F8k''n tired of people asking/telling me to have a "nice day"....screw everybody...I just want milk, bread. and f'nn eggs...stay out of my life!!!! I DON'T CARE TO RESPOND TO A SINGLE PERSON!!!! leave me alone, and let me shop!!!...oh....and did you find everything you wanted...at the check out...I just look at them, and don't answer....IF I HAVE AN ISSUE....I'LL LET YOU KNOW!!!
If you desire a lack of customer service and concern for your shopping experience, I suggest Walmart; that's what they do best.

Back
Top Bottom