• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question about trespassing

So you can't tell what is but you excoriated the op for not knowing what it was?
Maybe that will register. Then again...
I THOUGHT it was a parking sign. I have never SEEN a blue sign like that with a wheelchair pict made for driving down a trail...so that never would have occurred to me. What difference does it make? It's clear that access to that "whatever' is restricted to handicap access.

I THOUGHT it was a parking sign. I have never SEEN a blue sign like that with a wheelchair pict made for driving down a trail...so that never would have occurred to me. What difference does it make? It's clear that access to that "whatever' is restricted to handicap access.
So if you thought it was a handicap SPOT you may have just driven down the road (since you weren't parking)? So your mistakes are understandable but OPs are inexcusable? I realize you're not getting it but I'll occasionally try.

The damage to the sign has nothing to do with the ticket. If the ticket was for the damage to the sign, it would be for some type of criminal damage.

If it was for the handicap violation it would be for that, and I suspect the fine would be substantially more.

The offense is for being somewhere you weren't supposed to be. Regrettably for you, ignorance of those boundaries is no excuse. You are responsible for knowing where you are, and that you have permission to be there. GeauxLSU GeauxLSU summed it up pretty well.

From the amount of the fine, I'm guessing the federal boys wrote you up. If that's the case, you basically have two chances of begging the fine down, slim and none, and slim done left town Unless you are willing to invest substantially more than $425 in time, the best advice you can get is to start counting out the penny jar.

If it is a federal ticket, and you contest it (or make an appearance) it will be in front of federal magistrate, and there are no backroom dealings. You will have to go to the federal courthouse in Rome or Atlanta (and that's more fun than you need) depending on what county the offense took place in. No going in back with the local probate judge and working things out.

Handi-cap placards mean **** anymore. I've never actually seen a handicapped person get out of a car in Macon parked at a spot so marked. They're usually 30 years old and healthy enough to 'holla' at the local 'talent' walking into the store. Pisses me off since my mom was a stroke victim and could have actually used a handicapped parking space.

Handi-cap placards mean **** anymore. I've never actually seen a handicapped person get out of a car in Macon parked at a spot so marked. They're usually 30 years old and healthy enough to 'holla' at the local 'talent' walking into the store. Pisses me off since my mom was a stroke victim and could have actually used a handicapped parking space.

The guy that owned my house before me had congestive heart failure and was denied disability. Sickening what is considered disabled now.

The guy that owned my house before me had congestive heart failure and was denied disability. Sickening what is considered disabled now.
Exactly! If you have to use the slob sled at Walmart because you ate too many EBT funded potato chips and can't walk 200 feet? That ain't a *******ed disability.

Exactly! If you have to use the slob sled at Walmart because you ate too many EBT funded potato chips and can't walk 200 feet? That ain't a *******ed disability.

"Slob Sled" deserved a meme. :thumb: :pound:
slobsled.jpg

Even Darth Vader (look at the sled) is having a hard time holding all that up... :)

Back
Top Bottom