• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know a guy

I bought a Cobray M11 9mm back in the 80's before 86 and it had instructions with a template but not parts to convert to FA. Came with fake suppressor and a strap and a couple other things too. Ended up selling it to the guy I went to the gun show with when I bought it so he could have a consecutively numbered set of M11's. We only had to pay $185 a piece for those guns, kinda wish I still had that one but it was the most impractical gun I've ever owned even though it was one of the most fun to shoot.

I don't know the guy as in friend. He had it, it was not for sale and as soon as I saw it was in the room I bolted immediately. I didn't want any part of it and I didn't want to be around in case there were any law enforcement present that might be in a sting operation. I just wondered how in the hell he got it. He said he got if from a guy and didn't realize what he had until he inspected the gun and read all the information and saw that the parts described in the full auto manual were in the box. I didn't even catch the guys name. Like I said it was close to the end and after I saw what he was showing people I grabbed my equipment and hauled ass. I am not the one. I like my hobby too much. I just thought it was amazing that the gun he bought came with those extra goodies. I would say he hit a home run until he gets caught. Those things fully registered go for 12,000 bucks or more.

dont-forget-kids-snitches-get-stitches.jpg

I don't know the guy as in friend. He had it, it was not for sale and as soon as I saw it was in the room I bolted immediately. I didn't want any part of it and I didn't want to be around in case there were any law enforcement present that might be in a sting operation. I just wondered how in the hell he got it. He said he got if from a guy and didn't realize what he had until he inspected the gun and read all the information and saw that the parts described in the full auto manual were in the box. I didn't even catch the guys name. Like I said it was close to the end and after I saw what he was showing people I grabbed my equipment and hauled ass. I am not the one. I like my hobby too much. I just thought it was amazing that the gun he bought came with those extra goodies. I would say he hit a home run until he gets caught. Those things fully registered go for 12,000 bucks or more.

giggle switch.jpg
:)

BRB (in 10-20 years) Somebody is banging on my front door. :pound:

Last big gun show I went to at the Lakewood Fairgrounds back in 83 or 84 there was a guy selling the kits out of the trunk of his car, parked right by the front door.
Two of the Fulton County deputy sheriffs I was with each bought a kit and a bunch of magazines.

Back
Top Bottom