• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I know I am going to regret asking this but.....

I’ll admit I don’t understand the 2wd ones, but I think the mall crawlers bother me more than 4 doors does. I have a YJ, an XJ and a ZJ. The extra space is nice to have sometimes. I guess they don’t quite have the iconic look to them with 4 doors. I offered to trade my wife’s sequoia in on a 4 door wrangler, but she prefers a two door herself. That being said though, if anyone here is emotionally crushed by owning a 4 door J series, I’d be happy to take it off their hands so their healing can begin, lol.

A lot of the 4 door Wranglers are 2WD only. Why not just buy a Cherokee? Oh and looks super retarded when you see one with all the doors removed.
I saw one at Unicoi Lodge this past week. Had 4 seniors in it with the doors off and top down. The ****eatin grins on their faces told me that they were having a blast! Open your horizons there car buyin man. :nod:

I like the looks of the 4 door, and the added space is great whether for people or stuff. Regardless, either one you choose is a compromise depending on your priorities. The let down with either version is the powertrain. The jeep needs more cubes or a diesel option for low end torque.

I wouldn't buy either. I'd rather have a newish 4runner.
It would damn sure be nice to have a turbo diesel option. There were a very few first gen Liberty models with diesel engines. They're very hard to find now.
To ME the Wrangler or CJ was always meant for either single folks or as a third vehicle. I don't have much driver seat time in later Wranglers but I can tell you that the old square headlight Wrangler was NOT something you would want to drive everyday.

Many years ago I had an issue of MotlM Trend with an interview with Enzo Ferrari. At one point he was asked what was his favorite American car. At the time I sort of expected him to say a Corvette or maybe Mustang. But his favorite American car was a Jeep. And this was in the late 80s when Jeeps had 2 doors. I'm fairly certain Mr. Ferrari would not approve of a Jeep sedan anymore than he would approve of a Ferrari sedan.

A lot of the 4 door Wranglers are 2WD only. Why not just buy a Cherokee? Oh and looks super retarded when you see one with all the doors removed.

why do people remove the doors of the 4 door jeeps just to drive to the store and school anyways? i see these cleaned and detailed jeeps sub doors all the time in my area, the doors are not that heavy to help with mpg much. the jeeps mostly have soft tops so if they lowered the top they can get eh air while keeping doors attached

why do people remove the doors of the 4 door jeeps just to drive to the store and school anyways? i see these cleaned and detailed jeeps sub doors all the time in my area, the doors are not that heavy to help with mpg much
I don't know. But it gets even worse. A lot of them buy this ghey **** called Safari doors which is just fabricated tubing, hinges,latches and some mesh netting usually in body matching colors. And you know ALL Jeep accessories are expensive, even the stupid ones. I see it all the time on St Simons or Jekyll.

No different than 4 door pickups with 5 foot beds.
5 foot bed, regular cab, small pick-up trucks get a pass. off-roading with the smallest possible configuration is smart to me for the purpose of the narrow, abandoned log roads out there. you cannot make a new regular cab short bed f150 though so that's out of the question

another reason for the 5 foot bed would be if you only tow large trailers or boats

Back
Top Bottom