• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I am going to regret asking this but.....

Why? Jeep Girls. That's why.

92ca480a334cebe42a4a74a3e4b99714.jpg
34406.jpg
870736dc6137473346675426c0ec8603.jpg

5 foot bed, regular cab, small pick-up trucks get a pass. off-roading with the smallest possible configuration is smart to me for the purpose of the narrow, abandoned log roads out there. you cannot make a new regular cab short bed f150 though so that's out of the question

another reason for the 5 foot bed would be if you only tow large trailers or boats
Oh I understand, like I said above, building what people want is good business, even if it doesn’t make sense.

And for the record, I drive a regular cab, shortbed, 4wd Tacoma so I know what you mean.

A 4 door Wrangler is nothing but a compromise vehicle. It was made for married guys with kids. The guy wanted a Wrangler real bad and his ball breaker I mean wife said he couldn't have one unless it had room for strollers and baby seats. Oh and then the wife makes it her mall crawler.
It's as wrong as a 4 door Porsche or new Harleys with big touch screens on the handle bars.

I had a 97 and loved it but always wanted a 4 door because I saw a built out one that I loved. So I found one with pretty low mileage for a good price and bought it and was pretty excited and was going to post about my new daily driver then I noticed that that the ODT may not share in my enthusiasm

It certainly is. The snowflake generation has no clue about or memory of what Jeeps or sports cars were really about. That's why we now have the Subaru WRX or the Civic Type R sedan. Or worst of all the Hyundai Veloster with two doors on one side and one on the other.

Yeah, cause Subaru doesn’t know anything about racing(driving in circles).....

As a former owner of an 05 STI, I would take one of these over a brand new Mustang or Camaro.

Many years ago I had an issue of MotlM Trend with an interview with Enzo Ferrari. At one point he was asked what was his favorite American car. At the time I sort of expected him to say a Corvette or maybe Mustang. But his favorite American car was a Jeep. And this was in the late 80s when Jeeps had 2 doors. I'm fairly certain Mr. Ferrari would not approve of a Jeep sedan anymore than he would approve of a Ferrari sedan.

one thing though is i bet the sell the four door versions like crazy in Europe. i've talked with a few folks i know that live across the way and they say over there new jeeps are considered the flashy exotics all the rich kids want like range rovers are over here

They are a soccer mom vehicle that looks like a jeep. Its underpowered, horrible gas mileage, crappy tow capacity, and you give up the greatest benefit of a jeep which is the short wheel base.

Ill give you that it is underpowered but not nearly as underpowered as my 97 was but I plan on an engine conversion in the future to remedy this

why do people remove the doors of the 4 door jeeps just to drive to the store and school anyways? i see these cleaned and detailed jeeps sub doors all the time in my area, the doors are not that heavy to help with mpg much. the jeeps mostly have soft tops so if they lowered the top they can get eh air while keeping doors attached

I’m with you on that, doors off are for trails, not so you can ride around town and show people that you can take the doors off

I had a 97 and loved it but always wanted a 4 door because I saw a built out one that I loved. So I found one with pretty low mileage for a good price and bought it and was pretty excited and was going to post about my new daily driver then I noticed that that the ODT may not share in my enthusiasm
it's not the 4 door jeep that has the problem, it's that a portion of people who gaudily remove doors to go to kroger with their radio blaring and the soft-top still up that cause the image problem

Back
Top Bottom