• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I may be moving back home to Alabama to Lake Guntersville.

I understand that, my NC Trust is "xyz Trust" my Georgia trust is " abc xyz Revocable Living Trust" if I could just do an amendment to my NC Trust for future builds its a lot easier to just engrave "xyz trust" see what Im talking about?

Unfortunately, you cannot change a trust name once an NFA weapon is registered to the trust.

Found this on the net.

When you move, regardless of whether you move interstate or intrastate, the ATF wants you to update them regarding the permanent location where your NFA firearms will be stored. The ATF’s change of address form is ATF Form 5320.20, entitled “Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms (NFA) Firearms. If you are moving intrastate (within the same state), you can file the change of address form after you move. However, if you are moving interstate (across state lines), you need a be a little more careful. If the only NFA firearms that your gun trust owns are silencers, you can file your change of address form after you move. However, for any other type of NFA firearm, such as a short-barreled rifle (“SBR”), short-barreled shotgun (“SBS”), fully-automatic weapon (“machinegun”), etc., you must file your change of address form with the ATF before you move. After you receive the approved change of address form back from the ATF in the mail, then you can move these types of NFA firearms across state lines.
Wow. Just take stuff you already own. "Freedom". :tsk:

That is my dream house. And I have always been a beaver fan. One of my kids just graduated from Milton HS, and she is off to Auburn. My other is going to be a Sophomore. When he finishes I will be following you to something on a lake. With my NFA stuff.

I moved within Georgia about 3 years ago. Dean updated my trust paperwork. Dean is an awesome resource.

I grew up hanging out on Lake Guntersville around Scottsboro Al. It is a great place to be, I miss the smell of the lake. My Mother still lives there just up the hill from Jackson County Park.

Back
Top Bottom