• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Need AR flip up sight guidance.

Here ya go, at Amazon, and all for a grand total of $19.49, I have 4 sets and they work every bit as good as my $100 each Yankee Hill BUIS
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=SOUFORCE+Premium+Tactical+Flip+Up+Mil+Spec+Iron+Sights+Front+++Rear+Sight+Mounts+Set+
View attachment 1371628
I bought a pair of similar sight for my sons gun cause they don't like to go to the range with me very much. I think I paid right around 29.95. I took it out to range and sighted it in. It has been shot a couple of times and it held it's zero and they don't move. However, they are extremely budget priced product. If you bump it to hard I would imagine it would brake on of the hoods off the front sight. That's where the cost comes into play. For the price you pay for a good set you can buy more that five sets of these. LOL

I have had decent luck with a Magpul plastic flip up rear sight. I was able to get some decent groups at 100 yards on a pistol upper. It's nice because it's light. Also own a couple Ozark 45 degree BUIS and some of the Amazon flip ups, but to be honest I haven't used them. I have a couple rifles that I started building that got put on hold. Build quality overall seems pretty decent though - they don't feel like cheap crap.

The Magpul plastic front is not suitable for mounting on a gas block. On a rail there are a ton of options. Also look at the HK sights that RobertRTG has for rail mounting.

I bought a pair of similar sight for my sons gun cause they don't like to go to the range with me very much. I think I paid right around 29.95. I took it out to range and sighted it in. It has been shot a couple of times and it held it's zero and they don't move. However, they are extremely budget priced product. If you bump it to hard I would imagine it would brake on of the hoods off the front sight. That's where the cost comes into play. For the price you pay for a good set you can buy more that five sets of these. LOL
possibly, but remember going to the range isn't playing in the sandbox, usually stationary, at a table, if you are rough enough with your AR's at the range lots of high end stuff can be damaged, so get what you need for the least $ you can to do the intended work. I use mine shooting 3 gun competitions and that means running, shooting thru barricade holes, walls, etc, much more than at a table and have yet to have a failure with any of the sight nor have over 6 friends that chose the same value package, they had enough $ left to buy ammo etc.
as for budget priced, are you shooting a DD, LMT, etc AR, probably not, mot are under the 1k mark, many under the $500 mark and all get that job done, my Rock River gets er done for me, and I use Eotech sights with the hood since I am going thru barricades, if I ever have to, and have , used the BUIS, I don't shove, even the Yankee Hill thru the holes hoping to not hit them, all are vulnerable, all BUIS that is. Bump a $100 set of plastic Magpul sights on a coldday and watch how many pcs they can become.
So your budget is like your home, car, etc, you may make over 100K and but the best of everything but most working folks are more like half that and have to spend frugally. I am retired and SS isn't much so I have to reload to continue my sport, one does what they have to with what they can afford. on a cold

Well I didn't expect to much from them except to get on target and range work and for that they work fine. I had them on there for years. I am very careful with all my firearms. Don't get me wrong I shoot em and give them a work out but I am just careful and take my time. If River Bend says they will hold then they will hold. Get what you want and rock them with confidence. It only matters that you are happy. I have some guns I put all the best on and some I don't go all out on. Wouldn't you know it I shoot the sturdiest ones the least. Do what you can do. It's better to have a pair now and have them if you need em. If you
Ozark Armament
find you absolutely need a high dollar set then save up and get. That's the beauty of the AR. Things can be easily changed and that brings back the most fun sighting one in. Elite tactical Components has a set for around 59 bucks on sale but I don't know if they are any better that the ones I got for 29 bucks. I know mine are spring loaded and flip up easily and are sturdy and don't move. Ozark Armament are the ones I tried. Work great for me.

Back
Top Bottom