• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help on remembering/finding a particular detailing cloth

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
I am not sure if this product exists anymore, but I cant find it or remember the name. Years ago (around 1998) I bought and used a car detailing cloth. It was designed to be used dry on the exterior of the vehicle the days following a wash to remove pollen and light dust. The cloth was fairly thick and when folded a few times fit in a reusable zip lock bag, probably 12x8-ish" . It had a grey tone color to it, looked almost like steel wool, but felt in the hand like one of those surplus US Army wool blankets. There was a light coat of oil on the cloth that you couldn't feel immediately, but was on your fingers afterward. You would simply unfold the cloth, wipe your car down (its slid over the surface very easily and slippery) and then shake out whatever dust/pollen was on it, fold it up and put it back in its reusable ziplock bag. This thing lasted probably 20 years before finally one day when I pulled it out of the bag it had deteriorated. I want to buy another one but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the product. Anyone remember these?

1678888204603.png

Link

I am not sure if this product exists anymore, but I cant find it or remember the name. Years ago (around 1998) I bought and used a car detailing cloth. It was designed to be used dry on the exterior of the vehicle the days following a wash to remove pollen and light dust. The cloth was fairly thick and when folded a few times fit in a reusable zip lock bag, probably 12x8-ish" . It had a grey tone color to it, looked almost like steel wool, but felt in the hand like one of those surplus US Army wool blankets. There was a light coat of oil on the cloth that you couldn't feel immediately, but was on your fingers afterward. You would simply unfold the cloth, wipe your car down (its slid over the surface very easily and slippery) and then shake out whatever dust/pollen was on it, fold it up and put it back in its reusable ziplock bag. This thing lasted probably 20 years before finally one day when I pulled it out of the bag it had deteriorated. I want to buy another one but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the product. Anyone remember these?
imma bet it caused cancer and got banned. All the good stuff does.
I do very vaguely remember seeing commercials for something like that on speed channel back when it was good and had all the car and truck builders on it saturday mornings.

imma bet it caused cancer and got banned. All the good stuff does.
I do very vaguely remember seeing commercials for something like that on speed channel back when it was good and had all the car and truck builders on it saturday mornings.
You are probably right. It really does its job after you grow a third hand to help out with the wiping.

Back
Top Bottom