• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need to vent about an outdoor company

Should I be pissed off?

• Total voters
As has already been said, manufacturers are not good at all for stocking, shipping, or customer service. Manufacturers build things, and the only reason you can order direct is because someone sold them a retail sales system in the cloud somewhere for you to do business with them, and there are no banks of phones and customer service people waiting to help you with your transaction. This is why Amazon has prospered, they do the things well that manufacturers don't. I work for a manufacturer, and we can't hardly keep the warehouse and assembly workers we have due to local Amazon warehouses hiring them away. And our customer service sucks, because we have 1 CS person covering 10 states. We build some good stuff though, so people keep on buying.

I've never had a real issue with Optics Planet. If they do use drop shippers, it just helps keep prices down. They take backorders on hard to find items too. Most items ship from their warehouse in Ill.

What I hear is optics planet just pretends to have stocked warehouses and drop ships all their items once someone ships it to them.
That's pretty much my experience, that they'll sell you something as "in stock" and then go off an order it from another supplier and then tell you there'll be a delay. Shysters. They've pulled this crap on me three times. No more.

Try ordering something from Optics Planet. They REALLY suck. Their site shows "in stock" a lot, but it isn't. You are only told they don't have it in stock until after you order.
I ordered some of those blue capsules from Optic's to load shotshells in 45colt and .38/357. After the order I was informed it would be backordered. I get an email every 6 months or so asking if i want to stay on backorder. I reply yes just for sh8ts and giggles... its been over 2 years.....

I ordered some of those blue capsules from Optic's to load shotshells in 45colt and .38/357. After the order I was informed it would be backordered. I get an email every 6 months or so asking if i want to stay on backorder. I reply yes just for sh8ts and giggles... its been over 2 years.....
Dang! That's crazy.

Back
Top Bottom