• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was part of an ODT auction yesterday

I've had that happen at a gunshow. I dickered over price and agreed to accept the dealer's offer. I got home an realized he'd overpaid by $100 so I went back to the next show and handed him the $100. He was shocked. He's a good guy though. Always enjoy talking to him.[/QUOTE
I can understand the texting aspect. I'm 66 and really suck at email etc but pretty good with the texting. I initiate thru PM. I post I'll take in the ad and I PM a detailed I'll take ! I also include my contact number .
My ATT phone has an annoying habit of sending my PM's s to junk mail. Sometimes they don't get there for hours I'm out and about a lot hence the text option. I don't like to initiate a deal and then be sporadic about replies ! That being said I'm a man of my word I don't have many feedbacks . This is my God given name. I don't hide behind a screen name. I will be upfront and honest ! As with anything in life it comes down to personal responsibility! Opinion over !

You're only as good as your word. If you can live with conscience of being a cheat, that's you. I can't, wasn't raised that way, and didn't raise my 3 boys that way.
^^^^^^^^
Yep, "your only as good as your word" awhile back made a deal, (thought was a deal) with a member here only to find out that they accepted a offer 25 over what we agreed on. No problem, found out it was for sale again a few weeks later by new owner. Will never deal with these guys again, life goes on.
Made a deal with some guy on craigslist, I was selling a go cart, guy called said he would be out after 1800 and would take it. Had several calls and offers +100, held out till he showed up, it was the right thing to do.
Just old school I guess.

When the ad says "OBO", some folks think that means one thing, while others think it means something else. Real-estate around here is experiencing the same thing.

The only things being sold here are toys, NONE of which I have to have. Any listing that includes drama, I just ignore.

Back
Top Bottom